Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Top 10 video creators, optimizing site speed & digital display ads
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Feed your obsession with the latest social media marketing strategies at SocialPro
Mar 16, 2016 by Marketing Land
Traditional signals such as Facebook page likes and clicks don’t equate to the best customer engagement strategy. With Facebook’s News Feed algorithm frequently morphing, it’s now relying more on user feedback and surveys to impact story distribution. Unlock the mystery of this black box and other trending topics by attending Marketing Land’s SocialPro.
- How to see who has shared your content on Facebook
Mar 16, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Search on Facebook for a URL while using an iPhone, and you’ll see all those sharing that URL on the social network.
- 7 proactive ways to jump-start your SEO before a site launch
Mar 16, 2016 by John Lincoln
About to launch a new website? You may think you can’t do SEO until the site is live, but columnist John Lincoln reminds us that there are many steps you can take beforehand to ensure a smooth site launch.
- Top 10 video creators in February: BuzzFeed Tasty down 1B views but still ranks No. 1
Mar 16, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Video analytics firm Tubular Labs says the top 100 video creators saw a 10% drop in views last month.
- What your teacher didn’t tell you about optimizing site speed
Mar 16, 2016 by Brian Harnish
Site speed impacts your search engine ranks, so how can you make improvements? Columnist Brian Harnish details a few ways to decrease page load time for your top-performing pages.
- Google to boost the mobile-friendly ranking factor in May 2016
Mar 16, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google will be increasing the mobile friendly ranking factor in the upcoming months but stresses that high quality content can and will rank even when it is not mobile friendly.
- Is it time to “cut the cord” on traditional web analytics? 4 questions to ask
Mar 16, 2016 by Josh Manion
Should your organization go in-house with your web analytics? Columnist Josh Manion discusses four questions companies should ask before moving forward.
- A day of reckoning for digital display advertising?
Mar 16, 2016 by Wayne St. Amand
As Facebook backs away from its DSP plans for Atlas, columnist Wayne St. Amand takes a look at the shifting digital display landscape and what’s ahead for advertisers.
- The votes are in — for what Google’s new Analytics 360 Suite really means
Mar 16, 2016 by Barry Levine
We tallied up responses from a variety of practitioners and observers about how the tech giant’s new platform of products could impact marketers.
- 3 gears of a successful marketing program: Looking beyond email click rates
Mar 16, 2016 by Jose Cebrian
Don’t just focus on email open and click rates. Columnist Jose Cebrian discusses the three areas that make up your marketing program and how to effectively grow your business.
- Apple News quietly opens up to smaller content publishers
Mar 15, 2016 by Greg Sterling
In a bid to compete with Google’s AMP and Facebook’s Instant Articles, Apple News expands access.
- Facebook tests topics, allowing users to converse around specific themes
Mar 15, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook is testing out a feature that lets post authors select a “topic” of their choosing.
- Best practices for managing multiple social channels
Mar 15, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Facebook… Twitter… Snapchat… Pinterest… Instagram… YouTube… LinkedIn. The exploding social media landscape has made managing channels the most urgent challenge facing social media marketers today. How do you execute a cohesive social content strategy? How do you ensure brand consistency across thousands of social pages and accounts?
- Instagram feeds to evolve into algorithmic territory. Are you ready?
Mar 15, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Say goodbye to Instagram reverse chronological feeds. An algorithm is about to determine your user experience.
- Google estimates 25% of sites now use secure connections
Mar 15, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google will work with some of the non-secure top 100 sites on the web to help them migrate to HTTPS.
- MarTech All Access passes are sold out, but you can still attend! Learn how.
Mar 15, 2016 by Marketing Land
In one week, join other professionals in tackling issues at the intersection of marketing and technology at MarTech: The Marketing Tech Conference. All Access conference passes are SOLD OUT — but it’s not too late for you to attend.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- 6 strategies to build links for your small business website in 2016
- How advertisers should respond to fewer ads showing on Google
- Google to boost mobile-friendly algorithm this May
- DuckDuckGo launches Directions! feature with option to use multiple map apps
- Best practices for managing multiple social channels
- Google metronome in search helps musicians keep a beat
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- New BI Platform Focuses on Collaboration, Analytics, www.cmswire.com
- What’s Your Analytics Data Worth?, blog.kissmetrics.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Easy Tips That Will Make It Easier To Drive Traffic To Your Blog, smallbiztrends.com
- 5 Stealthy Tactics of Guest Posting, www.blogherald.com
- How to Write Sharable Posts, www.blogherald.com
- What we learned in Seoul with AlphaGo, Official Google Blog
- 11 Ways to Come Up With Great Content Ideas When You’ve Run Out, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Bringing Online Content to Your Offline Marketing, www.webinknow.com
- Content Distribution Strategies and Tools to Drive Traffic, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Day in the Life: How Copa90’s social content chief masters platforms, digiday.com
- Here’s How to Combine Storytelling and Data to Produce Persuasive Content, moz.com
- Stop the Madness: Contentmania Must End, screenwerk.com
- A Week In The Life Of An A/B Test Business Cycle, blog.crazyegg.com
- How to Optimize Your SlideShare Presentations for Conversions, blog.kissmetrics.com
- What 6+ Years of Landing Page Optimization Taught Oli Gardner, unbounce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Digital Experiences Require a Visionary Approach, www.getelastic.com
- How To Integrate Motion Design In The UX Workflow, www.smashingmagazine.com
- How to Write an Effective Cost Article for Business, www.thesaleslion.com
- Ignore Design at Your Peril, contently.com
- Google’s Blogs Move to a Custom Domain, googlesystem.blogspot.com
- 5 Tools to Grow Online Retail Sales, smallbiztrends.com
- Amazon launches AWS Database Migration Service out of preview to all customers, venturebeat.com
- Local deals site LivingSocial lays off 280, over 50% of staff, outsources customer services, techcrunch.com
- Swipe right to buy: E-commerce apps take design cues from Tinder, digiday.com
- Is Facebook Poised To Make a More Serious Push Into E-Commerce?, www.adweek.com
- 5 super creative email Easter egg hunts, myemma.com
- 7 Sales Focused Email Marketing Tips to Create Better Experiences, www.toprankblog.com
- Email Marketing 101: A/B Testing, blog.movableink.com
- Pros, Cons of Email Preference Centers, www.practicalecommerce.com
- The ultimate 2016 email marketing benchmark guide, econsultancy.com
General Internet Marketing
- 10 Marketing Tips from Father of Marketing David Ogilvy, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Forrester Incorporates Fresh Executive Program for Chief Marketing Officers, www.martechadvisor.com
- Is Digital B2B Advertising Effective?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Why Innovation Matters in Account-Based Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- A Global Marketing Vision Beyond Translation: Palo Alto Networks’ Success with Cloudwords, www.cloudwords.com
- Gas Station TV partners with SITO Mobile to launch advanced cross-screen re-targeting technology, bolstering marketer engagement with nearly 60 million monthly viewers, ir.sitomobile.com
- Jaclyn Stewart Joins The 614 Group as Senior Director of the Relaunched Publisher Services Practice, www.prnewswire.com
- Lattice Engines Launches Lead Enrichment, www.prnewswire.com
- Marilee Yorchak Named Executive Director of Digital Analytics Association, www.digitalanalyticsassociation.org
- 3 Technology Trends Powering Account-Based Marketing, blog.marketo.com
- 5 Keys To Building a Mobile Business App Successfully, smallbiztrends.com
- 7 best-practice tips for mobile video advertising, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Collections: Curating a More Browsable Medium, medium.com
- Now on mobile: Twitter for Windows 10, Twitter Blog
- The Mobile Web Sucks. Is Google AMP the Solution?, contently.com
- Yelpers Write 100 Million Reviews and Counting, www.yelpblog.com
- 6 Productivity Tools for Twitter, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 7 Social Media Experiments That Grew Our Traffic by 241%, blog.bufferapp.com
- 9 Eye-Popping Visuals To Attract More Social Shares, www.jeffbullas.com
- Facebook Debuts ‘Lift API’ to Give More Marketers Ability to Study Ads’ Impact, www.adweek.com
- Pope Francis will reportedly start an official Instagram account, TechCrunch
- Programmatic comes to Snapchat and Instagram influencer campaigns, digiday.com
- Should Brands Fear Instagram’s Feed Algorithm?, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat Hires Tom Conrad as VP of Product, recode.net
- Ultimate LinkedIn Profile Cheat Sheet, www.searchenginejournal.com
- ‘Super Tuesday 2’ was a big night for publishers streaming live on Facebook, digiday.com
- Dos and Don’ts of Marketing with Video Content, ignitevisibility.com
- How Sports are Taking on Facebook Video in 2016, www.newswhip.com
- Is VR Marketing Really The Next Big Thing For Small Businesses?, www.webpresence.tv
- Marketing Video: No Lead Left Behind, www.marketingprofs.com
- SXSW Showed We’re Finally on the Eve of the Virtual Reality Era, and Here’s Why That Scares Marketers, www.adweek.com
- Why virtual reality is potentially brands’ next lucrative storytelling medium, www.mobilecommercedaily.com