Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Twitter takes steps to fight abuse, new WordPress release & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Like Moz, Raven Tools refocuses on its first love: search
Aug 18, 2016 by Barry Levine
The Nashville-based company is releasing a rebuilt standalone version of the most popular tool in its suite, a Site Auditor for search optimization.
- Twitter fights abuse by making it easier to hide abuse
Aug 18, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Twitter has updated its interface to reduce notifications and to improve the quality of tweets. Is this a step toward addressing claims that it allows harassers to reign free?
- How to solve duplicate content local SEO issues for multi-location businesses
Aug 18, 2016 by Joy Hawkins
It can be difficult for businesses with multiple locations to craft unique, rich content for each individual location page, but columnist Joy Hawkins has some advice for how to do just that.
- 4 ways for Twitter to stay relevant
Aug 18, 2016 by Brad O’Brien
How can Twitter get ahead in the social advertising space? Columnist Brad O’Brien discusses four initiatives that will help the platform thrive and resonate more with marketers.
- How to manage ad partners in regulated industries: Education (Part 4 of 5)
Aug 18, 2016 by Lori Weiman
Columnist Lori Weiman takes a look at several recent lawsuits against educational advertisers and offers tips on how you and your affiliates can operate safely in this highly scrutinized industry.
- Parse.ly now provides site and app publishers with full raw data
Aug 18, 2016 by Barry Levine
Its new Data Pipeline delivers the info behind its existing dashboard and API.
- How to find the right analytics for the right marketing job
Aug 18, 2016 by Alan K’necht
Do you know which kind of analytics to use, and when? Columnist Alan K’necht breaks down the three categories of analytics and explains how using them effectively can make your marketing campaign successful.
- What is marketing automation?
Aug 17, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketing automation is the subject of a fair amount of hype and embellishment. It’s a simple idea with wide variation in execution. It can be simple. It can be extremely complex. It’s done by huge companies. It’s done by one-person businesses. The goal is always the same, though.
- WordPress releases 4.6, with faster theme & plugin management
Aug 17, 2016 by Matt McGee
Latest CMS update now available for download or updating via WordPress dashboard.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Paid search management software: Is it right for your business?
- SEO and voice search-proof your shopping campaigns this holiday season to win the omni-channel shopper
- Bing Ads adds Enhanced CPC bid strategy to optimize for conversions
- Getting to the bottom of Google expanded text ad CTR and CPC
- Google extends Drafts and Experiments to Display Network campaigns
- Google tests showing an overall Health Score for AdWords accounts
- Drive unified digital customer experiences with better technology strategies
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Buy and Build Your Way to a Modern Business Analytics Platform, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Achieve 1,000% more shares on a blog post, www.razorsocial.com
- How to Pitch a Guest Post or Article to Top Media Outlets, blog.crazyegg.com
- Cisco cutting 5,500 jobs, 7% of workforce, in shift away from switches and routers, venturebeat.com
- John Maeda Leaves VC Firm For Automattic, www.fastcodesign.com
- Amazon experiments with tech teams consisting entirely of part-time employees, with full benefits, www.geekwire.com
- Brands Engage in Olympics Marketing to Reach Sports Fans through Spirited Content, www.martechadvisor.com
- Content Marketing Strategies: Making the Most of Influencer Marketing, www.thunderactive.com
- How to Atomize 1 Killer Piece of Content Into 10, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Influencer Marketing: Your Always-On Content Lab, www.adweek.com
- Principles of Content Promotion, www.portent.com
- Six Essentials for Good Storytelling – and Great Content Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Best Content Calendar Tools, www.blogherald.com
- The Must-Have Social Media Tool Every Content Marketer Needs, www.copyblogger.com
- Welcome to The 2016 Content Marketing Summer Games, www.toprankblog.com
- What Is Visual Content Marketing, www.searchenginepeople.com
- What Startups Can Learn From Larger Companies About Content Strategies, www.marketingprofs.com
- What to Do When Your Content Marketing Falls Flat, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Driving Conversions Through User Experience, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Responsive Design is Killing Two-Thirds of Your Conversions. Here’s How to Fix It., moz.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 8 tips for designing a chatbot avatar, venturebeat.com
- Official Usability, User Experience And User Interface Guidelines From Companies (2016), usabilitygeek.com
- Amazon Launches Alexa-Based Connectivity in Hyundai Genesis, adage.com
- Do Companies Understand the Customer Journey?, www.emarketer.com
- Jet.com’s investment in customer experience pays off, www.usertesting.com
- 4 Email Marketing Tips for the Holidays, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 5 Email Subject Line Mistakes to Avoid + 1 Big Way to Boost Open-Rates, movableink.com
- 7 Ways Email Can Boost Your Productivity, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Email Frequency POV: How Often Should You Email Your Customers?, www.silverpop.com
General Internet Marketing
- Advertising Evolves to Recognize People, Not Devices, www.cmswire.com
- Full Funnel Means Marketing as a Profit Center, www.martechadvisor.com
- Micro Influencers: When Less Is More, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Euclid Analytics Announces Euclid Traffic for People Counting; Teams Up With Leading Manufacturer Xovis, www.marketwired.com
- GMobi Acquires Leading Performance Mobile Advertising Platform MassiveImpact, www.prnewswire.com
- 3 Ways Technology is Transforming Marketing, blog.marketo.com
- Consolidating point solutions with a hub in your marketing stack?, chiefmartec.com
- CRM: A Philosophy That Goes Beyond Data, Technology And Channel, adexchanger.com
- Five pioneering examples of how brands are using chatbots, www.econsultancy.com
- Inside the tech company powering 50 brands’ augmented reality apps, digiday.com
- 5 Things You Need to Know about Messenger’s New Rules of Engagement, www.conversocial.com
- Google has hit 3 billion app installs — and may have caught up with Facebook, venturebeat.com
- How flash sales sites are winning retail’s mobile app wars, www.retaildive.com
- Leveraging Community to Grow Your Mobile Application, www.tune.com
- Messenger, Snapchat Among Most Popular Apps in First Half of 2016, Study Says, smallbiztrends.com
- Optimize your content for mobile to #drawthecrowds, adsense.googleblog.com
- Using Mobile as a Catalyst to Push Customer Journeys Forward, www.silverpop.com
- 3 improvements inspired by our Pinners, blog.pinterest.com
- 7 Ways to Increase Social Engagement, www.copypress.com
- Facebook Ads 101: What You Need to Know, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Facebook is building its own Steam-style desktop gaming platform with Unity, techcrunch.com
- Facebook’s Artificial Intelligence Research lab releases open source fastText on GitHub, techcrunch.com
- How Much Money Should I Spend on Facebook Ads to Be Successful on My Webinar?, www.amyporterfield.com
- How should luxury brands navigate creative shift on social media?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How you, too, can start #winning at social media, digiday.com
- My Changing View for Facebook Advertising, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Selling on Facebook: 6 Non-Obvious Ways to Increase Facebook Sales, www.wordstream.com
- The Radical Idea: Why investing in the physical world should be part of your social media marketing budget, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- Twitter Suspends 235,000 More Accounts Over Extremism, www.nytimes.com
- When Automation Goes Wrong: A Better Approach to Social Media, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Why Marketers Should Use Twitter, www.adweek.com
- Will Facebook’s artificial image creation solve our stock photo woes?, www.econsultancy.com