The latest analyses, insights and strategies that inspire CMOs and marketers everywhere.
Marketing Day: Twitter verified accounts, Euclid Analytics & Google’s AMP for ads
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Moz shows you the faster way to find duplicate local business listings
Jul 19, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Detection of duplicate listings is a core task of any citation audit, and manual research can make it a time-consuming one. Automating the search for duplicates can significantly reduce staff workload, enabling both agency marketer and in-house Local SEOs to meet duplicate removal goals with greater efficiency.
- Square wants its logo to be synonymous with mobile payments
Jul 19, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Following Square’s Portland campaign, the city has a higher penetration of mobile wallet payments than the national average.
- Want to become Twitter verified? There’s an application process for that
Jul 19, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
It’s time to get verified with Twitter’s new application process.
- Euclid Analytics offers retailers a unified view of their customers using guest WiFi
Jul 19, 2016 by Greg Sterling
WiFi offers the “lowest friction” way for retailers to better understand their in-store customers.
- The key to local SEO
Jul 19, 2016 by Greg Gifford
Want to spend more time doing great work and less time putting out fires? Columnist Greg Gifford emphasizes the importance of client education in local SEO.
- Case study: 33% of local search business is from non-locals (and 7 tips for capturing that traffic)
Jul 19, 2016 by Wesley Young
Non-locals make up a significant percentage of local search business. Columnist Wesley Young looks at the importance of this audience and provides seven marketing tips to help you maximize its potential.
- Google announces AMP for Ads & AMP Landing Pages among DoubleClick news
Jul 19, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
DoubleClick will support programmatic buying and selling of Google’s new dynamic native ads and announced a deal with Time Warner for programmatic.
- What marketers need to know about DMARC
Jul 19, 2016 by Jason Warnock
Is your knowledge of DMARC somewhat murky? You’re not alone. Columnist Jason Warnock walks you through the ins and outs of DMARC and how it can benefit your brand.
- 6 keys to more effective email marketing
Jul 19, 2016 by Mary Wallace
Email marketing is never a guaranteed win. Columnist Mary Wallace shares six tips to help you drive engagement and ultimately improve your revenue.
- 3 reasons nobody is watching your Facebook Live video
Jul 19, 2016 by Jordan Kasteler
So your brand is finally experimenting with Facebook Live, but no one cares. What gives? Columnist Jordan Kasteler outlines his top reasons you’re not attracting attention with the video platform.
- Nasdaq adds the ability to discover top online influencers
Jul 19, 2016 by Barry Levine
Through the stock exchange’s GlobeNewswire service, marketers can now utilize Nasdaq Influencers to find prominent bloggers on a given topic.
- Mayer confirms Yahoo’s selling Tumblr ads through Facebook’s ad net
Jul 18, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Yahoo has turned to Facebook’s ad network and the portal’s own native ads and traditional banners to try to bolster Tumblr’s struggling ad sales.
- Yahoo revenue up in Q2, but earnings per share miss expectations
Jul 18, 2016 by Matt McGee
Yahoo reports what could be its last quarterly earnings as sale looms.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Four steps to maximizing Customer Lifetime Value
- Google reports more than 40K government requests for user data during 2nd half of 2015
- Expanded Text Ads: Are they living up to the hype?
- Using spark files for content creation
- AdWords managed accounts get a roll-up of individual account notifications
- Bing brings national convention search tools to desktop & mobile; Google keeps it mobile only
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 4 Ways to Use Facebook and Twitter Analytics to Improve Your Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Timeline gold: How 5 brands are using social data creatively, digiday.com
Blogs & Blogging
- $7,000-A-Month Blogger Loses It All With One Post, www.blogherald.com
- 10 Important Reasons to Work Seriously On Your Small Business Blog, smallbiztrends.com
- 5 Mistakes Bloggers are Making with Online Courses, www.problogger.net
- Free: A Blogging Icon Set to Use However You Like, www.blogtyrant.com
- AOL’s Armstrong Key to Verizon’s Bid for Yahoo, adage.com
- Google, Trying to Endear Itself to Europe, Spreads $450 Million Around, www.nytimes.com
- Twitter, Facebook vet Rachael Horwitz joins Spark Capital as partner, techcrunch.com
- 14 Tips to Newsjack Effectively with Your Content Marketing, smallbiztrends.com
- 4 Scrappy Content Hacks for Your Marketing Toolbox, blog.marketo.com
- 7 Medium Optimization Tips To Get Your Articles To Go Hot, www.wordstream.com
- Answering the key question of content auditing: Where do I start?, econsultancy.com
- Content and the Buying Decision Cycle: Guarantee Your Content Creates Sales, www.marketingprofs.com
- How 100 BuzzFeed Posts Debunk 3 Myths About Viral Content, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How to Create Awesome Content People Actually Want, www.verticalmeasures.com
- Internal Content Curation VS External Content Curation, heidicohen.com
- Survey Finds Improving Optimism in Content Marketing, www.swordandthescript.com
- The Content Marketer’s Guide to Social Media Survival: 50+ Tips, contentmarketinginstitute.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Dear Name Redacted: Why Typos Happen, Dammit [Questions from Readers], www.annhandley.com
- Mood Boards In UX Design: Ignite Passion In Your Users, usabilitygeek.com
- 3 Reasons Your CEO Wants an Omnichannel Approach, www.getelastic.com
- Can Social Logins Help Online Retailers Fight Fraud? (Report), www.adweek.com
- Millennials Perfer to Shop Online For Back-to-School, multichannelmerchant.com
- Why I Unsubscribed 83,000 Emails (and Think You Should, Too), conversionxl.com
General Internet Marketing
- Understanding the Power of Segmentation for Marketing Campaigns, www.marketingprofs.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Mpire Network and Track Revenue – the Ultimate Performance Partnership, www.newswire.com
- Performance Horizon and LiveRamp Integrate to Help Brands Connect Online Partnership Initiatives to Offline Sales, www.businesswire.com
- 20 Online Marketing Tools That Boost Campaign Results, www.komarketingassociates.com
- 88% of marketers invest in mobile to match escalating demands, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Facebook Thinks Shoppers Will Use Their Phones More Than Ever This Holiday Season, www.adweek.com
- How Mobile Marketers Can Combat App Churn, www.martechadvisor.com
- Top 5 must-haves in your mobile apps, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Using Pokemon Go to Entice Shoppers to Local Businesses, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 10 Top Twitter Tips to Improve Your Engagement, www.problogger.net
- 12 Social Media Advertising Mistakes Even the Big Brands Make, www.adweek.com
- 14 Image Tools for Instagram, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 4 Ways to Humanize Your Social Media Updates, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Create a Snapchat On-Demand Geofilter to Boost Your Next Event, www.searchinfluence.com
- How to Advertise on Pinterest for Only $50, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Discover Your Customers’ Favorite Social Media Platforms, www.copyblogger.com
- How To Get 47,633 Followers on Instagram without Spending a Dime, www.jeffbullas.com
- LinkedIn Enhances Social Selling Integrations in CRM, Email, Mobile, www.cmswire.com
- Seven Instagram Best-Practices for Building Your Audience, www.marketingprofs.com
- Snapchat rolls outs Bitmojis for chats and snaps following Bitstrips acquisition, venturebeat.com
- Snapchat Sneaks In Suggest Feature, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat wants to use image recognition to send ads, and it could be a little creepy, qz.com
- Twitter Signs NBA Deal to Stream New Shows, Wall Street Journal
- Twitter’s Influence on Marketing, www.copypress.com
- What We Learned from Analyzing 6.2 Billion Facebook Reactions, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Facebook Pilots Offline Video in India, adage.com
- Facebook to Pay Internet Stars for Live Video, Wall Street Journal
- Learn How to Incorporate Native Video into Your Social Strategy, www.toprankblog.com
- Live video takes center stage at the presidential conventions, digiday.com
- Why PewDiePie Is More Than a YouTube Sensation, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Why Snapchat and FB Live Are Stealing TV Ad Budgets, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Zenith: Advertisers Will Pay Big Bucks For Premium Video, But Screen Size Matters, adexchanger.com