The latest analyses, insights and strategies that inspire CMOs and marketers everywhere.
Marketing Day: The Walmart/Jet.com deal, e-commerce up 16% & Google’s Duo
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Can the Walmart/Jet.com marriage work?
Aug 16, 2016 by Barry Levine
We checked in with a variety of industry observers to see if this particular couple looks like a winner.
- How to tie employee advocacy back to your goals and KPIs
Aug 16, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Employee Advocacy has emerged as a great solution for brands that need to drive more reach, traffic, conversions, and leads from the content they’ve worked so hard to create.
- E-commerce grows 16 percent in Q2 according to US Commerce Dept.
Aug 16, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Online retail came in at $97.3 billion according the Commerce Department.
- ‘Omnichannel’ may never catch on, but it’s the next big thing for local
Aug 16, 2016 by Wesley Young
Wesley Young of the Local Search Association provides 5 tips to create a seamless search-to-purchase experience for your local business.
- The secret to writing awesome local content
Aug 16, 2016 by Greg Gifford
Great content is essential for success in local SEO, but unfortunately, a lot of local business websites are sorely lacking in this area. Columnist Greg Gifford shares his advice on how to write excellent website copy for local SEO.
- Top tips to consider when it’s time to rebrand on social media
Aug 16, 2016 by Jordan Kasteler
Thinking about doing a brand refresh on social media? Columnist Jordan Kasteler has some tips to steer you in the right direction.
- What Pokémon Go can teach us about email marketing
Aug 16, 2016 by Jason Warnock
Columnist Jason Warnock takes a look at the massive success of Pokémon Go and what email marketers can learn from some of its most notable features.
- The best marketers know more about their customers
Aug 16, 2016 by Katy Keim
Columnist Katy Keim says it’s about time marketers use customer data to know more, see more and do more.
- Google launches FaceTime competitor, video-calling app Duo
Aug 16, 2016 by Greg Sterling
New app, first announced at Google I/O, is simple and cross-platform.
- Google Hangouts On Air moving from Google+ to YouTube Live on September 12
Aug 15, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Any events currently scheduled after September 12 using Google+ will need to be moved to YouTube Live.
- Facebook restricts Messenger bots to 24-hour window, adds subscriptions
Aug 15, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook Messenger bots can now send promotional messages, but only within 24 hours of someone interacting with the bot.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- How do your webinars stack up?
- Google adds new state-by-state voting guide for “how to vote” searches
- Google Trends refresh includes geographic comparisons & export to Excel feature
- Should you hitch your campaigns onto the sporting bandwagon?
- How to follow up on link requests
- Bing Ads rolls out Upgraded URLs globally
- Google showing the site owner AMP implementation error warnings in search results
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 8 Cool Marketing Analysis Tools for Data Junkies, www.wordstream.com
- From Analytics to CRM: An Interview with Ralf Haberich, www.webanalyticsworld.net
- Social media metrics: Outputs, outtakes, & outcomes, econsultancy.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Easy Ways to Blog in Less Time, www.verticalresponse.com
- A Blueprint for Creating Share-Friendly B2B Blog Posts, www.komarketingassociates.com
- To blog or not to blog?, yoast.com
- LinkedIn sues anonymous data scrapers, techcrunch.com
- Snapchat is acquiring search startup Vurb, qz.com
- Tim Cook Pledges More Apple Investment in China, www.wsj.com
- 11 Simple Ways for PR to Score Content Marketing Points, www.swordandthescript.com
- 3 Grim Realities about Online Authority that Will Make You Smile, www.copyblogger.com
- 5 Free Content Marketing Ideas Generation Tools That Work, www.verticalmeasures.com
- Don’t Fall Victim to the Content Overproduction Trap, www.blogherald.com
- How to Boost Your Content’s IQ, www.marketingprofs.com
- How To Understand The Emotional Drivers of Viral Content, www.jeffbullas.com
- In It to Win It: How Three Major Brands Leverage Content to Engage Their Audiences, www.martechadvisor.com
- In the Game of Corporate Thrones, Content Marketing Should be the Next Silo Slayer, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Top Content Trends Of The Rio Olympics, www.newswhip.com
- How to Grind Customer Acquisition to a Halt with these Conversion Killing Design Trends, blog.kissmetrics.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How PageSpeed is Affected by Certain Scripts, www.webranking.com
- Using artificial intelligence to create invisible UI, techcrunch.com
- A Guide to the eBay Commerce Network, 3qdigital.com
- Amazon, Shopify Q2 Results Speak Volumes About eCommerce Future, smallbiztrends.com
- Competition heats up for Amazon sellers, www.internetretailer.com
- Optimize Your Email Production Workflow, movableink.com
- Study: The Number of Brands Deploying Holiday-Themed Email Campaigns Grew by 13.4 Percent in 2015, www.marketwired.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Things Marketers Need to Know About Gen Z, www.searchenginejournal.com
- A High-Level B2B Marketing Budget Breakdown, blog.marketo.com
- ANA Report Aftermath: (Re)Building Trust And Transparency, adexchanger.com
- How to Monetize and Profit From Your Digital Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Inbound Marketing Basics: What is the Buyer’s Journey?, www.thunderactive.com
- Influencer Marketing Shouldn’t Be a Dirty Word, www.cmswire.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Lotame Launches Data Stream to Provide Rich, Scalable Consumer Data to Global Enterprises, www.marketwired.com
- Ooyala Introduces New Turnkey OTT Solution, Ooyala AppStudio, www.ooyala.com
- Machine Intelligence 2.0 in charts and graphs, venturebeat.com
- AMP Roadmap Update for Mid-Q3 2016, amphtml.wordpress.com
- Facebook will waive fees for Account Kit SMS confirmation messages through August 2018, venturebeat.com
- How brands are shaping the future of mobile advertising, venturebeat.com
- How Marketers Are Localizing Their Back-to-School Campaigns, streetfightmag.com
- How mobile is a brand’s “canary in the coal mine”, www.internetretailer.com
- Who’s driving global growth in mobile commerce?, www.internetretailer.com
- Is Your Brand Trusted?, www.marketingprofs.com
- 5 Tips for a Successful Social Curation Campaign, www.adweek.com
- 6 Tips for Increasing Facebook Organic Reach in an Age of Decline, www.toprankblog.com
- 7 Overlooked Facebook Power Editor Features, PPC Hero
- 8 Snapchat Content Ideas That Your Fans Will Love, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- A Money Making, Stress-Free Social Strategy, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Amazon brings free episodes of its Original Series to YouTube & Facebook, techcrunch.com
- Facebook, Instagram Are Influencers’ Favorite Social Platforms, www.emarketer.com
- How 3 publishers are using Instagram stories for visually compelling storytelling, Nieman Journalism Lab
- How Facebook’s Big Algorithm Change Will Affect Marketers, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Snapchat wants more TV-like content for Discover, digiday.com
- Still Not on Twitter? Here are 10 Reasons You Should Be., www.searchinfluence.com
- Tracker: Ingesting MySQL data at scale – Part 2, engineering.pinterest.com
- Using Instagram Business Tools: Jelly Skateboards, blog.business.instagram.com
- Which Brands Are Winning on Social Media in Rio?, www.adweek.com
- Why We’re Taking a Break From Snapchat, blog.bufferapp.com
- 10 Actionable Video Basics for Social Media Marketing, simplymeasured.com
- 4 Ways to Use Video to Promote Your Blog Posts, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Create a “Monster” Social Video Campaign, www.adweek.com
- How to Optimize Video for Every Medium, conversionxl.com
- Inside Fatherly’s very grown-up viral video strategy, digiday.com
- Report: AR/VR Devices Have Seen 548% Increase in Twitter Mentions Since January 2015, www.adweek.com
- The YouTube Space London: Our New Home in Kings Cross, youtubecreator.blogspot.com