The latest analyses, insights and strategies that inspire CMOs and marketers everywhere.
Marketing Day: Wix Super Bowl Teaser Ad, People-Based Marketing & Social Intelligence
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How Much Did Countdown Ads Play Into Search Advertisers’ Strategies This Holiday Season?
Jan 13, 2016 by Matt Umbro
Many advertisers have seen great results using the countdown customizer in AdWords, but just how many utilized them during the holiday season? Columnist Matt Umbro sought to find out.
- Is Your Paid Search Account Leaking Money? The Importance Of Query Mapping
Jan 13, 2016 by Amy Bishop
It’s time to dig below the surface of your PPC account to see if relevant search terms are wasting money. Columnist Amy Bishop shows what to look for and how to use the data to your benefit!
- How To Ensure Your SEO Recommendations Get Implemented
Jan 13, 2016 by Winston Burton
Uncooperative clients and vendors got you down? Columnist Winston Burton gives his advice on how to overcome organizational hurdles to SEO success.
- How TV (And Video) Influences Search Behavior
Jan 13, 2016 by Erin Everhart
In a multi-screen world, you’re competing not just for media placement, but for attention. Columnist Erin Everhart discusses how search marketers can use this to their advantage.
- Wix Drops Its First Super Bowl 50 Teaser Ad Featuring “Kung Fu Panda” Characters
Jan 13, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
This will be the brand’s second appearance as a Super Bowl advertiser, after its debut last year.
- Out With The Old, In With People-Based Marketing: What Marketers Should Expect In 2016
Jan 13, 2016 by Mike Sands
How will digital marketing transform this year? From the new ad-blocking landscape to mobile and more, columnist Mike Sands lays out his predictions.
- 2016: The Year Social Intelligence Makes Its Way To The Boardroom
Jan 13, 2016 by Will McInnes
Are you socially savvy? Contributor Will McInnes says this year we’ll see social intelligence driving more boardroom discussions, as marketers discover the power of analyzing social data.
- Facebook Ad Budgets Rose 11 Percent In Q4 On Higher ROAS [Study]
Jan 13, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Advertisers spent more on Facebook video ads, dynamic product ads and carousel ads during the holiday shopping quarter.
- MediaBrix Brings Its Brand Of Mobile Ads To Messaging App Kik
Jan 13, 2016 by Barry Levine
New York City-based company is the latest to try its hand at user-rewarded advertising on this booming service.
- Facebook Rolls Out Live Streaming “Mentions” Android App For Verified Users
Jan 13, 2016 by Greg Finn
Verified users with Android phones will now have the ability to stream live video on “Mentions,” as Facebook continues its foray into live video.
- The Brave New World of Digital Marketing
Jan 12, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Today’s customers have myriad choices in terms of engaging with brands and finding information relevant to them. The multichannel trend has become so prevalent that average customers are easily able to switch between channels, both offline and online, in a matter of seconds. And businesses are expected to keep up.
- Wanted: Session Ideas For Marketing Land’s SocialPro Conference
Jan 12, 2016 by Chris Sherman
We want your input to help us plan our upcoming Marketing Land SocialPro conference (formerly known as SMX Social Media Marketing), which will be taking place in Seattle June 20–21. Specifically, we’d love to hear from you if you have an great idea for a session you think should be on the agenda.
- Obsessed with SEO and SEM? Supercharge Your Search Skills at SMX West.
Jan 12, 2016 by Marketing Land
Join us at Search Engine Land’s SMX West in San Jose March 1–3 for dynamic paid and organic search content and opportunities to make career-defining professional connections. Build your own agenda from 50+ powerful sessions led by industry giants who are redefining #Search marketing.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Bing Predicts Launches AreWeIn.net For NCAA March Madness Basketball Fans
- Google Maps For Android Gets “Driver Mode” Feature To Anticipate Your Next Stop
- How To Uncover SEO Content Marketing Ideas With Google Search Analytics
- How To Localize Google Search Results
- SEOs Confused, Puzzled After Google’s Mystery Update
- Bing Adds An Internet Speed Test Tool To The Search Results
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Analytics Ignorance Is Not Bliss, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Analytics Software for Small Business: 20 Insights, smallbiztrends.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 3 Tactics for Building Quality Links to Your Blog, www.problogger.net
- How To Skyrocket Your Blog By Becoming A Blogger Outreach Ninja, www.jeffbullas.com
- Alphabet Appoints New Virtual-Reality Chief, blogs.wsj.com
- Alphabet Inc.’s Google Reports 13 Near-Miss Incidents With Self-Driving Cars, Wall Street Journal
- Apple Steps Back From Its iAd Advertising Business, www.buzzfeed.com
- Google Picks Former Obama Adviser to Lead Global Public Policy, New York Times
- Google will add more partners for self-driving cars, www.reuters.com
- 38 Visual Content Marketing Statistics You Should Know in 2016, blog.hubspot.com
- 6 Marks of Effective Content: ‘The Lego Movie’ Edition, www.copyblogger.com
- 7 Tips For Growth Hacking Traffic Monster Headlines, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Grab Attention Via Your Customer’s Content Inner Circle, heidicohen.com
- How to Maximize Your 2016 Content Budget, contently.com
- How to measure the effectiveness of content, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How to Uncover Critical Content Marketing Insights Using Google Analytics, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to: Make 10x Content Achievable, www.portent.com
- More B2B Marketers View Content Marketing as an Effective Tactic, www.emarketer.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Digital Experience Combines the Best of Push and Pull, www.cmswire.com
- 57% of Domain Name Sales’ revenue coming from China, domainnamewire.com
- GoDaddy launches Domain Investor App, domainnamewire.com
- 6 Benefits of Using Predictive Marketing Tools, for Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Ecommerce Trends and Statistics, multichannelmerchant.com
- Internet Retailer unveils the who’s who of e-commerce technology providers, www.internetretailer.com
- Is Amazon Better Than Traditional Retailers at Personalization?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Report argues pure-play e-commerce not viable for success, www.retaildive.com
- Why ecommerce retailers should never place products on the homepage, econsultancy.com
- 3 Trends in Retail Email Marketing to Watch in 2016, multichannelmerchant.com
- 3 Ways Social Media Can Boost Your Email Results, blog.movableink.com
- 8 genius email list growth strategies, myemma.com
- Four predictions for email marketing that won’t come true in 2016, econsultancy.com
- Your Guide to Email Design, www.verticalresponse.com
General Internet Marketing
- Influencers Are Your Most Powerful Brand Advocates, www.emarketer.com
- Integration Key For Digital Marketing Hubs, adexchanger.com
- What The Music Industry Can Teach The Digital Ad Industry, adexchanger.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- New WordStream Product Makes It Easy to Succeed with Facebook Advertising, www.wordstream.com
- SparkPost Provides Email Delivery Service for Pinterest, www.sparkpost.com
- Vistaprint Releases Local Listings, www.prnewswire.com
- New Cannes Lions award puts martech in the limelight, venturebeat.com
- App Marketing Strategies That Have Changed the Industry, vwo.com
- How top app marketers save 30-40% on paid installs, www.tune.com
- iOS 9 is now on 75% of Apple’s mobile devices, venturebeat.com
- Mobile Shoppers Move from Browsing to Buying, multichannelmerchant.com
- Report: Users Routinely Purge Apps and Look for Better Replacements, www.adweek.com
- Leveraging Reviews and Testimonials in the Digital Age, www.searchinfluence.com
- 6 Location-based Social Media Monitoring Tools, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Automating Your Social Media Accounts For Your WordPress Site – All in One Go!, www.wpexplorer.com
- How Brands Can Master Reddit in 2016, blog.newswhip.com
- How to Build an Empathetic Social Media Strategy for Times of Tragedy, moz.com
- How to Choose Between the Many Ways to Advertise on Facebook, contently.com
- How Will a 10,000-Character Limit Change Twitter Marketing?, www.adweek.com
- Meet the Parents: Technology’s Influence on Modern Parenthood, www.facebook.com
- The Complete Beginners Guide to Peach: What It Is, How It Works and How to Build an Audience, blog.bufferapp.com
- The Problems With Social Media Marketing, contently.com
- Twitter’s Not Afraid Anymore. Should We Be?, adage.com
- Why B2Bs Have It All Wrong About Social Media, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 3 Ways to Kick Start Your Video Marketing Campaigns in 2016, www.reelseo.com
- 8 Things to Boost Your YouTube Marketing Strategy, smallbiztrends.com
- Facebook Video: The Possibilities And The Pitfalls, adexchanger.com
- Marketing Video: Marketing Automation 101, www.marketingprofs.com
- YouTube Analytics: engagement reports, yoast.com
- YouTube’s new YouTube Red paid service might be Google’s big growth driver, qz.com