Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Super Bowl Marketing, Mobile Usage & Google Privacy
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Juice Drink Brand Teams With Spoken Word Poet & Orchestra For Delicious Mashup
The J2O brand is all about blends, so it makes sense for the company to explore what happens when two artistic things are put together.
- Budweiser Takes Top Online Honors For Super Bowl Ad Activity
Unruly, iSpotTV both declare “Lost Dog” the top online performer among Sunday’s Super Bowl commercials.
- Budweiser & Bud Light Super Bowl Videos Dominate Facebook With More Than 2M Likes, Comments & Shares
Anheuser-Busch brands proved to be the big winner on the social media site for Super Bowl XLIX.
- Report: Mobile Users Spend 80 Percent Of Time In Just Five Apps
According to a recent survey based report from Forrester Research, US and UK smartphone owners “use an average of 24 apps per month but spend more than 80 percent of their time on just five apps.” Whether or not it’s literally five, this is directionally correct; consumer app time is concentrated in just a few popular […]
- Infographic: How Super Bowl 2015 Commercials Scored On Social Media
Which brand won the social media attention during Super Bowl 2015? The surveys from various sources are all still coming in. From Engagor, McDonald’s seems to have been a big winner. Engagor is a platform for monitoring social activity across the web. For Super Bowl 49, it analyzed social data around brands and the ads […]
- McDonald’s Wins Twitter’s First “Top Spot” Award For Super Bowl
The fast food giant received more than 634,310 Twitter mentions during the game; Runners-up Always and Budweiser got 455,695 and 371,900. Twitter also set record for most Super Bowl-related tweets with 28.4 million.
- The Tweets, The Ads, The Data: A Recap of the 2015 Social Super Bowl
Armchair quarterbacks can critique Super Bowl ads all day long, but contributor Chris Kerns contends the data tell the real story of what resonated.
- Google Blinks On Privacy, Agrees To Make Changes In UK
- Here’s What The Ads Looked Like On The Super Bowl Live Stream
There was a surprising amount of repetition and a few glitches, but many advertisers made decent plays during the live stream.
- Super Bowl Sets Record For Conversation On Facebook
The social network reports that 65 million people created 265 million interactions, peaking with 1.3 million people per minute talking about the game at the end of the New England Patriots’ victory.
- Don’t Go Into Web Marketing Blind — Use Checklists!
Some people are just checklist people. I’m one of them. I do everything from a checklist. I have a chore checklist, a checklist for work, and even one for groceries. Yeah, most people just call that a “grocery list,” but to me, it’s a checklist! The thing is, I’m a completer. I love being able […]
- Navigating The Modern Ad Serving Stack, Part 2: Programmatic Direct
What if you could automate the drudgery of direct buys while retaining the benefits of running directly on the publisher’s ad server? Columnist Ratko Vidakovic explains “programmatic direct.”
- Super Bowl Commercials With Hashtags Slipped To 50% In 2015
Facebook is the most mentioned social network with four; Snapchat makes its debut.
- Nationwide’s Eerie #MakeSafeHappen Super Bowl Ad Gets Grave Reviews
While the tally is still out on which advertiser won the Super Bowl, the loser is quite clear and depressing.
- WATCH: All The Official Super Bowl 2015 Commercials & Ads
Bud Light, Carnival Cruise Lines, Doritos, Mercedes-Benz and Wix.com first out of the gate with 2015 Official Super Bowl XLIX Ad Teasers. Click to watch all the currently available ad teasers and full-length 2015 Super Bowl Commercials as they become available.
- Live Blog: 2015 Super Bowl 49 Ads & Commercials
Thanks to everyone who joined us during the big game. Below you’ll see the archive of Marketing Land’s live #HashtagBowl blog, where digital advertising experts weighed in on the big-ticket ads during the Super Bowl, focusing especially on how brands are extending the value and conversation online. Here’s who participated: special guests Peter Shankman, consultant and author of […]
- Lowe’s Will Run Two Super Bowl Ads On Instagram [Report]
Other major brands also planning to buy video ads for Sunday’s Super Bowl.
- Massive Exposure, Minimal Impact: Doubts About Super Bowl Ad Effectiveness
There’s no question that Super Bowl ads are often very clever, entertaining, engaging and sometimes even “powerful.” Many of these spots are shared or viewed millions of times after game day. But are they effective? Meaning: do they generate sales or other value for the brands and companies that pay so much to have them produced and […]
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- 10 Common Mistakes To Avoid On Local Websites
- Firefox Deal Continues To Boost Yahoo As US Search Share Grows Again In January
- Dealing With That Key Exec Who Thinks All SEO Is Spam
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Red Letter Days Consolidates Programme Exclusively to Affiliate Window, Affiliate Window Blog
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Make Your Blog Content Profitable, Content Marketing Institute
- You Are Publishing Too Much (and Failing), Content Marketing Institute
- Could Activist Investors Take Aim at Twitter’s Costolo? It’s a Good Question., recode.net
- Twitter’s Product Boss Answers Questions About Its Video Biz, Ad Age
- Meet Snapchat’s Original Web Series: “Literally Can’t Even”, Contently
- The Best Branded Content of January, Contently
- What’s Missing From Your Content Strategy Research?, relevance.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Exporting, Bulk Editing, Overlap Targeting and More Come to AdStage, AdStage
- Google, Microsoft, and Amazon are paying to get around AdBlock, The Verge
- NameJet Expired Domain Name Review, Domain Name Wire
- Record Setter: Porno.com Sale Is The Largest Single Domain Escrow.com Has Ever Handled, The Domains
- Rick Schwartz Sells Porno.Com For $8,888,888: The 4th Highest Reported Domain Sale Of All Time, The Domains
- Warning: Enom Phishing Email Making the Rounds, DomainInvesting.com
- Software for retailers that sell all over the web—and beyond, Internet Retailer
- A Guide to Creating a Compelling Email Message #Infographic, GetResponse Blog
- How Marketers Grow Their Email Lists, MarketingProfs
- FCC adopts rules to improve indoor location accuracy for wireless 911 calls, FierceWireless
- 55pc of retailers say mobile’s purpose is to drive in-store sales: report, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Eight reasons why the wearables market is becoming more mature, eConsultancy
- IDC: Tablet shipments decline for the first time in Q4 2014, leaders Apple and Samsung both lose market share, VentureBeat
- Farewell To TUAW–And To A Whole Era Of Tech Blogging, Fast Company
- 18 Pinterest Tools for Businesses, Practical E-Commerce
- 7 Instagram Analytics Tools to Monitor and Measure Your Visual Marketing, The SEM Post
- How To Build An Effective Social Media Publishing Schedule, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Use Facebook Graph Search to Improve Your Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Is Video Changing the Social Media Landscape?, AdWeek
- Twitter Displays Its Value With Instant Timeline for New Users, New York Times
- Your Instagram Followers Love Seeing Your Product, Simply Measured
- How Many Views Does a YouTube Video Get on Average, Reel SEO
- Inneractive Launches Story – Programmatic Native Video, ireachcontent.com