Welcome to another installment of our Year In Review series. We have already shared our top news stories and our most tweeted stories; but in 2013, our Facebook sharers like to share news and features about Facebook – such as the changes in the News Feed algorithm, using hashtags, “story bumping,” and ultimately how to get the most out of Facebook marketing.
For all of our most socially-shared stories of 2013, we used Social Crawlytics, a free tool that analyzes each URL of a site to show how it’s been shared, including Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and more. The tool captures social plugin data that on each URL, and a great way to see how your content resonates socially.
Without further ado, here are the 20 most-shared stories of 2013:
1. The #Hashtag Bowl, Game Over: Twitter Mentioned In 50% Of Super Bowl Commercials, Facebook Only 8%, Google+ Shut Out
2. EdgeRank Is Dead: Facebook’s News Feed Algorithm Now Has Close To 100K Weight Factors
3. Facebook Finally Gets Hashtags: How They Work
4. Google To Close Google Reader On July 1
5. Survey: 90% Of Customers Say Buying Decisions Are Influenced By Online Reviews
6. Vine Passes Instagram In Total Twitter Shares
7. The Death Of The QR Code
8. Yahoo #1 Web Property Again In US, First Time Since May 2011
9. Report: Nearly 40 Percent Of Internet Time Now On Mobile Devices
10. Facebook Updates News Feed Algorithm With New “Story Bumping” & “Last Actor” Factors
11. Facebook Hashtags: Why They Will Turbo Charge Your Reach
12. R.I.P. EdgeRank: How To Optimize For Facebook’s News Feed Algorithm
13. The Definitive Guide To Facebook Image Optimization For Articles & Web Content
14. The Mindset that Makes Online Marketing Work
15. Oreo, Audi & Walgreens Newsjack Super Bowl “Blackout Bowl”
16. 12 Google Reader Alternatives
17. Compared: What You Can Watch On Google Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku & Xbox
18. Google’s Broken Promises & Who’s Running The Search Engine?
19. Goodbye Memes, Hello Quality Articles & News: What Facebook’s News Feed Changes Mean For Admins
20. Facebook’s New News Feed: The Before & After Look
And of course, Merry Christmas to our Marketing Land readers everywhere! May your holidays be bright.
Related Topics: About Marketing Land | Channel: Social Media Marketing | Facebook | Marketing Land’s 2013 Digital Marketing Year In Review | Social Media Marketing | Top News