Happy New Year Marketing Land fans! We kick off 2014 with our last look back at 2013, the most-shared Marketing Land stories on Google+.
What was the hottest topic our readers “+1′d” this past year? Just as our Facebook fans prefer to share stories about Facebook, our readers on Google+ like news and stories about Google, especially Google+. It was an important year for the platform, becoming the second largest social network in the world early in 2013.
Here they are – the top 20 shared Marketing Land stories on Google+.
1. Study: Google+ Will Overtake Facebook’s Social Sharing By 2016 (1256)
2. Google To Close Google Reader On July 1 (987)
3. The #Hashtag Bowl, Game Over: Twitter Mentioned In 50% Of Super Bowl Commercials, Facebook Only 8%, Google+ Shut Out (859)
4. Gigya: Only 2 Percent Of Social Sharing Happens On Google+ (773)
5. Report: Facebook Still The King Of Social Logins, But Google+ Is Nipping At Their Heels (737)
6. Got Glass? Google Sending Out Gmail-Like Invites For Google Glass (679)
7. Google+ Rolls Out A New Page Manager Dashboard (651)
8. 12 Google Reader Alternatives (590)
9. Google’s Broken Promises & Who’s Running The Search Engine? (492)
10. The Internship: A Fun Movie, But Also A Beautiful Google Commercial (472)
11. Google+ Drives A Fraction Of The Referral Traffic That Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter Do [Report] (458)
12. No, Eric Schmidt’s Face Isn’t All Over Google+ In Protest Over Shared Endorsement Ads (458)
13. Google: “Game Changing” Features Will Boost Google+ Adoption (447)
14. Report: Google+ Now 2nd-Biggest Social Network Worldwide (443)
15. Mindset that Makes Online Marketing Work (429)
16. EdgeRank Is Dead: Facebook’s News Feed Algorithm Now Has Close To 100K Weight Factors (423)
17. Google Launches Notes Service, Google Keep – Lookout Apple, Evernote? (383)
18. On Google+, Traditional Media Catching Up To Online News Sites (363)
19.+1ed Posts Now Popping Up In The Google+ Stream (351)
20. Google’s Share Of Social Logins Gaining On Facebook (But Not On Mobile) (334)
For all of our most socially-shared stories of 2013 on Marketing Land and our sister site, Search Engine Land, we used Social Crawlytics, a free tool that analyzes each URL of a site to show how it’s been shared across top social sites.
To our readers everywhere, a very happy and prosperous 2014!
Related Topics: About Marketing Land | Channel: Social Media Marketing | Google: Google +1 | Google: Google+ | Marketing Land’s 2013 Digital Marketing Year In Review | Most Popular Stories | Social Media Marketing | Top News