The latest analyses, insights and strategies that inspire CMOs and marketers everywhere.
Marketing Land’s Top Tweeted Stories of 2012: Content Marketing, Storytelling and The Google Dance
From the Google Dance, paid inclusion and authorship to Pinterest, content marketing, storytelling, here are the top 20 tweeted stories of 2012. Compared to our most read stories, you’ll see that the list is quite different.
1. How Google Went From Search Engine To Content Destination (735 tweets)
2. Twitter Quietly Launches A User Directory (670 tweets)
3. Once Deemed Evil, Google Now Embraces “Paid Inclusion” (578 tweets)
6. Dark Google: One Year Since Search Terms Went “Not Provided” (487 tweets)
7. Content Marketing For People Who Hate Writing (432 tweets)
8. The Return Of The Google Dance (349 tweets)
10. Google Analytics In-Page Analytics Gets Link Attribution Reporting (328 tweets)
11. 9 Social Media Elements Worth Personalizing (326 tweets)
12. 8 Storytelling Tips To Enhance Your Content Marketing (322 tweets)
13. 30 Essential Business Apps For Your Smartphone (310 tweets)
15. ROI: The Most Dysfunctional Metric In Digital Marketing (283 tweets)
16. 5 Things Likely To Shape Social In 2013 (276 tweets)
17. 5 Free WordPress Plugins For Affiliate Marketers (276 tweets)
19. Google Results Position: How Much Is First Place Really Worth? (265 tweets)
20. Google Providing Authorship Analytics To Google+ Users (264 tweets)
The data was gathered by Social Crawlytics, a social analytics tool that crawls and provides social activity for each URL on a website.
Make sure to check back tomorrow, when we will publish the most liked stories from Facebook. Until then, we hope your 2013 has kicked off to a roaring start!