Stay marketing-savvy and tech-savvy. Get the latest in martech by subscribing to MarTech Today.
MarTech Today: Jivox’s Social Proof, Lytics’ Content Analyzer & Wikimedia
Barry Levine on February 17, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Jivox Teams With Taggstar To Add Social Proof To Retailers’ Dynamic Ads
Feb 16, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Messaging highlighting product popularity is delivered in real time to drive online sales.
- Feed Your SEO & SEM Obsession
Feb 16, 2016 by Marketing Land
But time is running out! We’re only two weeks away from Search Engine Land’s SMX West, THE search marketing conference for search-obsessed professionals! SMX West is the premier search show, and this year, it’s bigger and better than ever!
- Google My Business API Allows Enterprises To Make Real-Time Location Data Changes
Feb 16, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Yext announces roll out across 100,000 customer locations.
- Personalization Data Provider Lytics Adds Netflix-Like Content Analyzer
Feb 16, 2016 by Barry Levine
Its new Content Affinity Engine creates an individual profile showing topics of most interest to that person.
- Wikimedia Foundation: “We’re Not Building A Global Crawler Search Engine”
Feb 16, 2016 by Matt McGee
Two executives refute recent reports that Wikipedia is planning to build its own search engine to compete with Google.
- Google Makes MyMaps App Improvements But Doesn’t Quite Make It There
Feb 16, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Google has rebuilt and relaunched its MyMaps app. For those unaware. it’s a stand-alone app that allows users to create and share custom maps. The idea is compelling. But it’s less compelling as a user experience. A trip-planning and social-mapping tool, it’s also interesting as a way to save local favorites for repeated use. Google […]
- Call Tracking And Analytics 101
Feb 16, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
US consumers will make more than 100 billion mobile calls to businesses this year. Nearly two out of three consumers say it’s very — or extremely — important to be able to call a business during their purchase journey. Call tracking and analytics have become a marketing technology “must-have” as a result. Join Mike Boland, […]
- Wikimedia Foundation Secures $250,000 Grant For Search Engine Development
Feb 15, 2016 by Matt McGee
Knight Foundation money to be used for Knowledge Engine project that aims to discover “reliable and trustworthy public information on the Internet.”
From Around The Web:
- Getting Ready For HTTP/2: A Guide For Web Designers And Developers, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Smart UX: High-Fidelity Wireframes, usabilitygeek.com
- What It Means for Consumers and Brands That New York Is Becoming a “Smart City”, www.adweek.com
- Alanna Gombert Joins IAB in New Role as General Manager, www.businesswire.com
- Gartner Positions SAP as a Leader in 2016 Magic Quadrant Report for Marketing Resource Management, www.realwire.com
- Ad Tech’s Global Challenge — A Japanese Perspective, adage.com
- Landscape of Machine Intelligence Systems for Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
- Marketers: Embrace Today’s Consumer Complexity And Technology, adexchanger.com
- Convergence of Apps and Mobile Web is Coming, www.tune.com
- Here Are the Alternatives to Push Notifications via Parse, www.adweek.com
- How to calculate what your app should really cost to build, venturebeat.com
- Samsung starts Android Marshmallow update with Galaxy S6 today, www.theverge.com