Microsoft Research Releases iOS, Android & Windows Phone Apps For ‘Socl’ Network
Microsoft Research FUSE Labs’s social experience, ‘Socl,’ is now available on a smart phone near you. Socl has been a flop of a social network that was announced 2 years ago (then geared toward students) and officially released last May. The network features video parties, search sharing and link/content distribution.
The Socl mobile app now officially been quietly launched for Windows Phone, Android and iOS. Along with the release came no promotion, press or general hullabaloo. The release was actually discovered by WMpoweruser as there was no formal launch from Microsoft.
According to the app descriptions, Socl mobile features:
• Create beautiful collages and funny memes in seconds.
• Share your creations on Socl, as well as your other favorite social networks.
• Create visual responses (“riffs”) to existing content.
• Snap a picture and share it on Socl.
• Receive notifications about community activity on the content you love.
• Organize the content you love in collections.
• Connect with new and interesting people worldwide.
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Kick off each Monday with the best news and ideas in social media.