A major Twitter mobile leak occurred thanks to the updated history section on iOS 6 new App Store. 9to5mac discovered the updates that will help to make Twitter more interactive and “web-like.”
The Twitter app has been a lighter version of the Twitter web experience, but the new updates look to increase interactivity, discovery and ease-of-use. One of the most beneficial improvements may be an “interactive tweet view” that will show users content previews, video and images from partner sites. This sounds quite similar to the “Expanded Tweets” functionality that was released last month.
Another major enhancement is push notifications for specific people. Let’s just say you are looking to keep up on all of the breaking marketing news and you don’t want to miss a thing. Well, with the alleged new version of Twitter you’d be able to sign up for push notifications from @MarketingLand every time we Tweet. This is a big change and will be quite useful for those who can’t afford to miss specific Tweets.
Here’s the full list from the leaked update history:
- More interactive Tweet view experience: content previews, videos, images and more will now be shown within tweets containing links to “partner websites.”
- Tweets about “selected events” will now be highlighted. Twitter will curate the relevant tweets and images
- In the Connect tab, autocomplete improvements will be now be present. Twitter rolled out something similar to their official website last week.
- Major push notifications enhancement: You will now be able to choose to receive push notifications when certain people tweet
- Like in Tweetbot, you will now be able to receive unobtrusive Twitter notifications while you are using the app.
- The Discover tab will now be able to alert users when new content is ready for perusal
- Personalized Trends
- You will now be able to tap a user’s avatar to be taken to their profile page
- Improved performance
- You will now be able to manually input your password when having authentication issues
- Hungarian localization
- Finally: the new Twitter logo will be featured on the icon (our image below is from iOS 6 Twitter integration)
- Also promised is a slew of other tweaks, more polish, and bug fixes
No official release date for Twitter version 4.3 has been announced.