Picture Organization, Hashtags & Enhanced Photos Lead New Google+ iOS Update
Last night, Google released a new version of Google+ that features a heavy dose of photo features. In addition to photo upgrades, the new app will include hashtag support, ability to update profile and cover photos and the addition of Google Offers in the stream. The new app is also now sans Hangouts as the popular messaging service is now a standalone app.
The handful of photo changes include auto-enhancements, better organization and support of animations and panoramas. The Auto Enhance feature allows users to quickly touch up photos right from the app, while Auto Highlight will select the best photo from a series of photos uploaded. An Auto Awesome feature combines multiple into one, and Auto Backup will send all photos to Google+ for safe keeping.
The full list of changes shown in the App Store include:
– What’s New in Version 4.4.0
– New Google+ Photos features keep photos organized and looking their best
– Make your photos look even better with Auto Enhance
– Browse highlights from all your photos
– Share short animations, panoramas, and more
– Hangouts has moved to its own app for messaging and video calls
– Discover interesting content via related hashtags
– Ability to edit more profile fields and upload a cover photo
– New interactive Google Offer posts in the stream
– Control how often What’s Hot posts appear in your stream
– Support for displaying strikethrough text
– Ability to edit comments
– Ability to copy the post’s permalink
For more information, download the new iOS Google+ app.