Publishers Seeing Early Success With Facebook Open Graph Integration
A little over two months ago at f8, Mark Zuckerburg announced new Open Graph features that were created to make reading article more social. Some early adoption and usage results from the initial media partners are in. Facebook reports that the results are encouraging for both existing websites and Facebook apps.
Here are some quick stats from each of the media partners:
Websites With Deep News Integration
- Yahoo! News: 10 million people have turned on the social news experience so far. Since the changes Yahoo! News has seen a 600% increase in traffic coming from Facebook.
- The Independent: 1 million+ users are connecting to the social news experience each month in independent.co.uk.
- The Guardian: Nearly 4 million installs of the Guardian app. The app has generated approximately one million extra impressions each day.
- Washington Post: The social reader app for Facebook has 3.5 million users so far, 83% of which are under the age of 35.
- Showing recommendations
- Creating compelling content & images
- Tapping into current user bases
- Offering benefits to users
- Making integration easy to control for users
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Kick off each Monday with the best news and ideas in social media.