Two weeks ago, Facebook announced a significant update to the Pages layout that turned the presence of Page more personal. The crux of the redesign was that the two column business pages were soon turning to a one column format. This initial image was quite bare and failed to show where Apps and custom tabs were to be located (if at all.) Seeing that the initial release spawned so many questions, Facebook has released their own Q & A on the topic.
The answers should help calm the fears of marketers, and here are the Reader’s Digest version of their answers:
- What’s on the Left-side Column? Depends on the type of business. Local businesses could show phone numbers, maps, business hours, photos, videos, reviews, post and apps. Online businesses could show likes, business information, apps, photos, videos and posts.
- Where will apps be? Apps will not disappear. <Marketers breathe a collective sigh of relief /> They will be in two locations, the left side nav or the top. Admins will have the ability to rearrange the order of appearance.
- Where are messages? Messages will show in the activity tab in the top left or in the “This Week” box on the right side.
- Will other know when I’ve added them to my watch list? Yes. Admins will receive a notification when another Page adds them to their watch list. They are told that they’ve been added to a list, but the name of the Page that added them is not disclosed.
- When is this rolling out? Several weeks. Only a select few have the updated version now.