Top 10 Most Shared Video Ads Of 2014: World Cup Scores 4, Super Bowl Only 1
Almost half of the top ten most viral video ads so far this year are World Cup related spots.
Analyzing the most popular branded videos for the first half of 2014, Unruly discovered four of the top ten most shared ads are World Cup related videos, with Shakira’s “La La La” taking the top spot.
According to Unruly, the Shakira video – a collaboration with yogurt brand Activia – is the fourth most shared ad of all time, generating more than 4.5 million shares. Ads from Nike and Castrol, an official World Cup sponsor, also made Unruly’s viral video list.
The only Super Bowl ad to keep a spot on the list of most shared ads so far this year is “Puppy Love” from Budweiser, which Unruly declared the brand winner of this year’s Super Bowl back in February.
The report claims the top 40 World Cup ads earned nearly three times the number of shares and views compared to the top 40 Super Bowl ads of 2014.
Top 10 Most Shared Video Ads of 2014
1. Activia “Shakira – La La La” (4,546,532 shares)
2. 20th Century Fox “Devil’s Due – Devil Baby Attack” (2,118,634 shares)
3. Budweiser “Puppy Love” (1,940,181 shares)
4. Cardstore “World’s Toughest Job” (1,838,468 shares)
5. Wren “First Kiss” (1,511,985 shares)
6. Nike Football “Winner Stays” (1,239,961 shares)
7. Thai Life Insurance “Unsung Hero (1,120,255 shares)
8. Castrol “Castrol Footkhana” (1,014,759 shares)
9. Nike Football “The Last Game” (927,633 shares)
10. Save the Children “Most Shocking Second a Day Video” (910,559 shares)
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Sign up to receive weekly insights on video advertising and trends.