Search Engine Land’s SMX West search marketing conference is returning to San Jose on March 11-13, 2013. We’ve got a revamped, updated agenda, and have already confirmed more than 100 world-class speakers. If you’re involved in marketing, PR, social media or any other customer-facing activity, you owe it to yourself (and the ultimate benefit of your company or client’s bottom line) to attend the show.
Here are a few of the highlights I’m excited about (for all of the juicy details, see The BIG SMX West Preview: Why You Should Attend over on our sister site, Search Engine Land):
- Facebook Keynote. Grady Burnett, Vice President of Global Marketing Solutions for Facebook, will talk with Search Engine Land founding editor Danny Sullivan about topics ranging from the recently launched Facebook Exchange to the even more recently announced Facebook Graph Search beta.
- A Candid Glimpse Inside Google’s Policy Process. Ever wonder how Google decides which sites should rank well, which sites should be penalized, whether it should remove certain negative results for a politician, a company, a person? In Evening Forum – Walk A Mile In Google’s Shoes: Dealing With Tough Calls In Search, Google search policy specialist Patrick Thomas looks at some of the hard decisions Google has to make and the careful balancing act it has to maintain.
- Deep Dives Into SEO, PPC, Social, Mobile & More. Let’s face it, if you’re an online marketer today you need solid understanding of a wide range of channels. SMX West features more than 60 sessions covering the latest thinking and cutting edge tactics needed to help you stay at the top of your game and be successful.
- SMX Summits. We often hear from people at SMX shows that in addition to attending sessions, some of the most valuable learning they take away comes from interacting and networking with others. To address that, we’ve added an all new track: SMX Summit. These Powerpoint-free sessions feature some of the foremost experts in the world discussing and debating important topics, followed by no-holds-barred Q&A.
- Envisioning The Future. While most sessions at SMX West focus on tactics and strategies that you can put to work right away, a number of sessions are forward-looking, helping you anticipate and prepare for the seemingly continuous change that can leave us blindsided — and severely impact our marketing campaigns — if we’re not prepared to face it.
SMX West is shaping up to be one of our best yet. Want to know more? See The BIG SMX West Preview: Why You Should Attend. Better yet –register now and take advantage of the early bird rate that expires this Friday, February 1.
Looking forward to seeing you in San Jose!