Report: Facebook Dominates The Social Login Landscape Across All Website Verticals & Geographic Locations

gigya-logo-2013After analyzing client social login data for Q3 2013, social technology provider Gigya confirmed Facebook remains the most popular social login service across website verticals, geographic locations and on mobile devices.

Analyzing how consumers use social logins, Gigya found that among its clients, 51 percent relied on Facebook as an identity provider. The remaining 49 percent was distributed across a number of social media networks, with both Yahoo and Google/Google+ gaining ground as social login providers.

Social Login Preferences

Gigya_SocialLogin_Distribution

For mobile social logins, Gigya’s data revealed Facebook continues to lead at 66 percent. Twitter’s mobile social logins was double its desktop number, at nine percent on mobile compared to four percent on desktop.

Mobile Devices

Gigya_SocialLogin_Mobile

Facebook social logins led across all vertical websites, including ecommerce, media and publishing, consumer brands, travel and hospitality, and education and non-profit.

With 74 percent of social logins for ecommerce sites, Facebook beat Google+ as the preferred identity provider, even though Google+ gained five percent of social logins for ecommerce sites during Q3. PayPal won two percent of ecommerce site social logins, the first time it has registered over one percent. Gigya claimed PayPal’s rise demonstrates, “That payment providers are making strides as identity providers.”

Ecommerce Social Logins

Gigya_SocialLogin_eCommerce

According to Gigya, Facebook is also the dominant international social login service, leading in North America at 47 percent, Europe at 52 percent, Central and South America at 75 percent, Africa and the Middle East at 70 percent, and the Asia Pacific Region at 74 percent.

Gigya noted it expects, “A more varied distribution globally in the future as other networks, including regional networks such as Orkut (South America, primarily Brazil) and Vkontakte (Russia) gain prominence as identity providers.”

Gigya_SocialLogin_Worldwide

Related Topics: Channel: Social Media Marketing | Facebook | Social Media Marketing | Statistics: Popularity & Usage

Sponsored


About The Author: is Third Door Media's General Assignment Correspondent, and reports on the latest news and updates for Marketing Land and Search Engine Land. From 2009 to 2012, she was an award-winning syndicated columnist for a number of daily newspapers from New York to Texas. With more than ten years of marketing management experience, she has contributed to a variety of traditional and online publications, including MarketingProfs.com, SoftwareCEO.com, and Sales and Marketing Management Magazine. Read more of Amy's articles.

Connect with the author via: Email | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn



Marketing Day:

Get the top marketing stories daily!  

Share

Other ways to share:
 

Read before commenting! We welcome constructive comments and allow any that meet our common sense criteria. This means being respectful and polite to others. It means providing helpful information that contributes to a story or discussion. It means leaving links only that substantially add further to a discussion. Comments using foul language, being disrespectful to others or otherwise violating what we believe are common sense standards of discussion will be deleted. You can read more about our comments policy here.

Comments are closed.

Get Our News, Everywhere!

Daily Email:

Follow Marketing Land on Twitter @marketingland Like Marketing Land on Facebook Follow Marketing Land on Google+ Subscribe to Our Feed! Join our LinkedIn Group Check out our Tumblr! See us on Pinterest

 
 

Click to watch SMX conference video

Join us at one of our SMX or MarTech events:

United States

Europe

Australia & China

Learn more about: SMX | MarTech


Free Daily Marketing News!

Marketing Day is a once-per-day newsletter update - sign up below and get the news delivered to you!