Last week, StumbleUpon released some important updates to their ad platform that will help marketers target more accurately, deliver to specific users and learn more about their audience.
The new features have been rolled out to all advertisers, and the highlights are as follows:
- Delivery Options Advertisers will now have the option to “Spend ASAP” or “Spend Evenly.” If you are familiar with AdWords, think Accelerated Delivery vs. Standard Delivery. If you want to keep your ads up all day, choose “Spend Evenly.” If looking to just spend on the earliest available inventory, the ASAP option will be up your alley.
- Better Templates StumbleUpon came out with ad templates back in 2012 to help advertisers shave time off of account creation. Today, the ad templates are easier to set up with the ability to pull in all or partial targeting aspects.
- DMA Targeting Instead of city/state/country targeting, Stumble advertisers will have the ability to target based upon DMAs. This will be a boon for larger media buyers looking to blanket specific areas.
- Multiple Locations No longer will advertisers have to create multiple campaigns just to hit to overall target geographic region. Instead, multiple locations can be included on each campaign — a huge time-saver.
- Audience Estimator Now, advertisers will be able to see the overall audience numbers that they’ll reach with each campaign. This will help marketers know if they are being too specific with their targeting.
- Similar Interests Is one campaign working quite well? Want to target similar-minded folks? The “similar interests” targeting type lets advertisers reach those in other categories if there is a correlation with the topics chosen.
For the full release, head over to the StumbleUpon blog.