Analytics news and expert advice every Thursday.
2013 In Analytics & Marketing: Our 10 Most Popular Columns
From Annie Cushing’s series on how to get the most from Excel to Nan Dawkins’ musings on Google’s Universal Analytics and Social Media measurement, it’s been a busy year in Analytics here at Marketing Land.
The Analytics & Marketing column got a big boost this year, as we brought over some of the columnists covering Analytics-related topics from Search Engine Land, opening up the opportunity for them to write beyond search marketing. Like the rest of our expert contributors, they did a fantastic job at illuminating new technologies this year, as well as laying down the basic principles that should guide you no matter what you’re measuring.
Following are the top 10 Analytics & Marketing columns published in 2013, as measured by pageviews in Google Analytics.
Top Analytics & Marketing Columns Of 2013
4. 3 Common Mistake Marketers Make With Their Analytics by Juliette Kopecky, published 2/27/13. Facebook shares: 72, Tweets: 482, Google +1s: 147, LinkedIn Shares: 519
5. Dashboard Series: Creating Sexy Scrolling Charts In Excel by Annie Cushing, published 7/19/13. Facebook shares: 28, Tweets: 144, Google +1s: 50, LinkedIn Shares: 24
6. Google Analytics Email Marketing Dashboard For Beginners by Carrie Hill, published 8/23/13. Facebook shares: 108, Tweets: 368, Google +1s: 130, LinkedIn Shares: 72
7. The Truth About Social Media Measurement by Nan Dawkins, published 3/26/13. Facebook shares: 139, Tweets: 415, Google +1s: 259, LinkedIn Shares: 14
8. Display Campaign Success: Looking Beyond The Click by Konrad Feldman, published 4/30/13. Facebook shares: 67, Tweets: 167, Google +1s: 34, LinkedIn Shares: 404