Our 10 Most Popular Mobile Marketing Columns Of 2013
QR Codes are dead and Responsive Design is controversial. Those are two of the takeaways from our most popular Mobile Marketing columns in 2013. There’s no denying that Mobile is one of most explosive and fast-changing sectors in digital marketing, and we’re thankful to have had such knowledgeable experts share their views and insights about its development throughout the year.
We had the benefit this year of bringing aboard columnists who’d been writing for Search Engine Land’s mobile column, so we were able to explore more of the search-related consequences of mobile marketing decisions. Our expert contributors also tackled the popular subject of mobile application marketing and examined how new technologies — like Apple’s iOS 7 and IDFA — are affecting marketers.
Following are our top 10 columns on Mobile Marketing published in 2013, as measured by pageviews gathered via Google Analytics.
Top Mobile Columns Of 2013
3. 5 Trends Marketers Need To Know About by Aaron Strout, published 8/22/13. Facebook shares: 64, Tweets: 316, Google +1s:55, LinkedIn Shares: 113
4. First Evidence Of Google Smartphone Ranking Penalty by Bryson Meunier, published 10/24/13. Facebook shares: 82, Tweets: 294, Google +1s:160, LinkedIn Shares: 84
5. 2013 Mobile Marketing Predictions by Aaron Strout, published 1/10/13. Facebook shares: 256, Tweets: 508, Google +1s:147, LinkedIn Shares: 420
6. Why Matt Cutts Is Wrong About Responsive Web Design by Bryson Meunier, published 11/21/13. Facebook shares: 30, Tweets: 234, Google +1s:85, LinkedIn Shares: 36
7. A Marketer’s Guide To User ID Targeting, Part 1, Understanding Apple’s IDFA by Chi-Chao Chang, published 4/12/13. Facebook shares: 17, Tweets: 133, Google +1s:27, LinkedIn Shares: 82
8.Is Adaptive Web Design Or RESS Better Than Responsive Design For SEO? by Bryson Meunier, published 9/26/13. Facebook shares: 33, Tweets: 199, Google +1s:78, LinkedIn Shares: 34
9. The 5 Most Common Pitfalls In Mobile App Marketing by Kim Cohen, published 5/23/13. Facebook shares: 89, Tweets: 199, Google +1s:23, LinkedIn Shares: 61
10. 3 Key iOS 7 Features Marketers Should Care About by Aaron Strout, published 9/19/13. Facebook shares: 134, Tweets: 234, Google +1s: 32, LinkedIn Shares: 91
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
The best news in mobile marketing every Thursday.