Top 10 Social Media Marketing Columns For 2013
How do you use social media for a B2B business? How do you measure success in social media marketing? How do you keep up with the rapid changes at Facebook? These are just a few of the critically important questions answered by our expert contributors in 2013.
Social media marketing truly became mainstream in 2013, which means marketers moved from “experimenting” to needing to be strategic and prove ROI. That trend was reflected in our most popular columns from 2013, in which Kelsey Jones discussed how to organize a social media content strategy and Courtney Seiter outlined how to choose what metrics to focus on, when measuring the success of your social media efforts.
Following are the top 10 columns on Social Media Marketing published on Marketing Land in 2013, as measured by pageviews on Google Analytics.
Top Social Media Marketing Columns Of 2013
3. R.I.P. Edgerank: How To Optimize For Facebook’s Newsfeed Algorithm by Jordan Kasteler, published 10/15/13. Facebook shares: 308, Tweets: 487, Google +1s: 121, LinkedIn Shares: 133
4. 3 Proven Social Media SEO Opportunities by Kelsey Jones, published 1/14/13. Facebook shares: 181, Tweets: 624, Google +1s: 154, LinkedIn Shares: 329
5. Facebook Hashtags: Why They Will Turbocharge Your Reach by Simon Penson, published 6/17/13. Facebook shares: 304, Tweets: 270, Google +1s: 49, LinkedIn Shares: 223
7. 10 Social Media Mistakes You Might Be Making (Because I Did) by Courtney Seiter, published 6/17/13. Facebook shares: 184, Tweets: 493, Google +1s: 238, LinkedIn Shares: 121
8. The Human Side Of B2B Social Media Marketing: 8 Benefits Of Social Media Marketing by Andy Lombard, published 9/16/13. Facebook shares: 91, Tweets: 531, Google +1s: 92, LinkedIn Shares: 156
9. Social Media Checklist For New Websites And Businesses by Ashley Kemper, published 11/7/13. Facebook shares: 102, Tweets: 434, Google +1s: 146, LinkedIn Shares: 199
10. The Minimalist’s Guide To Social Media Metrics by Courtney Seiter, published 5/22/13. Facebook shares: 51, Tweets: 230, Google +1s: 137, LinkedIn Shares: 169
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Kick off each Monday with the best news and ideas in social media.