Sign up to receive weekly insights on video advertising and trends.
Top 10 YouTube Ads In December: Clash Of Clans Dominates With A Combined 63M Views
Video gaming company Supercell owned half the list with its ads for "Clash of Clans" taking four spots, while its "Boom Beach" ad ranked No. 9.
Of the top 10 most popular video ads on YouTube last month, four of them belonged to Supercell’s “Clash of Clans” video game, including the No. 1 spot, which was the first-ever 360-degree video to break into the top 10.
With “Clash of Clans” ads taking the No. 1, No. 2, No. 5 and No. 6 spots, and “Boom Beach’s” “Dr. T” ad ranking No. 9, Supercell owned half of the list — a mighty achievement for the video gaming company, whose spots featured Oscar winner Christoph Waltz.
Supercell’s five ads generated a combined 69.2 million video views in December. “Clash of Clans” spots earned 63 million views total, and “Boom Beach” earned 6.2 million. Its No. 1 ranking ad, “Experience a Virtual Reality Raid,” generated 30.2 million views alone, double the No. 2 video ad, which was also a Supercell spot.
Other brands to edge in between Supercell’s rankings included GoPro, Volvo Trucks and Victoria’s Secret. Google earned two spots in the top 10 with its “2015 Year in Search” and “Lightsaber Escape: an experience built for Chrome” videos.
With more than 100 million combined views and almost three million hours of watch time, YouTube said its December ad leaderboard was one of the most watched leaderboards of last year.
Top 10 Ads On YouTube in December
1. Clash of Clans 360: Experience a Virtual Reality Raid (30.2M Views)
2. Clash of Clans: Legend of the Last Lava Pup (15.1M Views)
3. GoPro: Danny MacAskill – Cascadia (11M views)
4. Volvo Trucks: Look Who’s Driving (10.3M views)
5. Clash of Clans: Koopa (9.9M views)
6. Clash of Clans: Your Mama ( 7.8M views)
7. Victoria’s Secret: Angels Lip Sync “Hands to Myself” (7.6M views)
8. Google: Year In Search 2015 (6.8M views)
9. Boom Beach: Dr. T’s Intro (6.2M views)
10. Google: Lightsaber Escape: an experience built for Chrome (5M views)