Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Top 10 YouTube ads in June: Nike takes the lead with more than 53M total views
Taking the No. 1 and No. 5 spots, Nike won nearly half of the combined views earned by the top 10 most popular ads on YouTube last month.
Nike was the top brand on YouTube’s ad leaderboard for June, taking the No. 1 and No. 5 spots with a combined 53.9 million views.
At the top of the list, Nike’s “The Switch” features a number of soccer stars (or football stars, if you’re anywhere outside of the U.S.), including Cristiano Ronaldo, Harry Kane and Anthony Martial. The ad generated 48.4 million views, winning more than double the number of views earned by Clash of Clans’ No. 2-ranking spot, “Best Friends.”
Nike’s “Worth the Wait” took the No. 5 spot, earning 5.5 million views.
With more than 53 million combined views from both “The Switch” and “Worth the Wait” ads, Nike owned nearly half of the 110.1 million total views generated by the top 10 most popular ads in June.
Last month was the first time since January Clash of Clans ranked in the top 10 ads. The video game followed Nike’s lead at No. 2 with 21 million views.
YouTube says the 110.1 million views earned by the top 10 ads represented more than 233 million minutes of watch time.
YouTube’s Top 10 ads in June
1. Nike: “The Switch” (48.4M views)
2. Clash of Clans: “Best Friends” (21M views)
3. Microsoft: “Xbox One S” (9.5M views)
4. YouTube: “#ProudToBe: Coming Together to Celebrate Identity” (9.1M views)
5. Nike Basketball: “Worth the Wait” (5.5M views)
6. American Family Insurance: “Dad Insurance For Fearless Dreams” (5.1M views)
7. Chevrolet: “Silverado Strong: Steel Bed Outperforms Aluminum Bed” (4.8M views)
8. Lyft: “Undercover Lyft with Shaquille O’Neal” (M views)
9. BuzzFeed Video & Rachael Ray Nutrish: “People Who Hate Cats Live With Cats For A Week” (2.4M views)
10. Cricket Wireless: “The Unexpected John Cena Prank” (1.7M views)