Kick off each Monday with the best news and ideas in social media.
Twitter Releases Its First Official WordPress Plugin
Functionality includes automatic generation of Twitter Cards and customizing the look of Twitter embeds.
Twitter today announced the release of its first official WordPress plugin, bringing WordPress publishers easier access to a host of Twitter features and functionality.
The plugin gives publishers the ability to:
- Generate Twitter Cards: Twitter Cards, which extend Twitter’s 140-character display with thumbnail images, headlines and subheads, can be automatically generated for each of a site’s pages.
- Customize the look — including the color of links and borders — of embedded tweets.
- Directly embed Twitter video on pages.
- Add tweet buttons to posts: The buttons are configured to include URL, site and author accounts. They also can be customized to share text and hashtags specific to a post.
- Associate site and author Twitter Analytics to track impressions and top distributors of content on Twitter.
- Add follow buttons on every page, both within the WordPress theme’s widget area and adjacent to author information.
- Tie into Twitter’s advertising system with conversion tracking support and the ability to create tailored audiences with a WordPress macro.
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.