Twitter Updates iOS App To Integrate Better With Vine & Adds Better Account Switching For Android
A handful of feature changes have been added to the official Android and iOS apps today to help users view local trends, switch accounts and fully integrate with the iOS only Vine product.
A global change for both apps included support for the new 160 markets that Twitter Trends announced last month. Users in these locations will be able to view all local data directly from the app.
For iOS, users will now be able to invite friends to Twitter directly from the app, a feature that should help to continue to increase adoption of the social network. Additionally, iOS users will now be able to view both the original author and “retweeter” of those tweets that have been properly retweeted. Lastly, iOS users will now feature a better Vine experience that enhances video playback from users’ Vines.
See what’s happening near you or around the world by viewing Trends in hundreds of locations.
• Invite friends to join Twitter from within the app
• Improved playback of Vine videos
• Replies to retweeted Tweets now include both the author and person who retweeted the Tweet
• Enjoy a smoother experience due to bug fixes and other improvements.
Android users received the trends update, bug fixes and also a handy “switch accounts” feature from the menu button. Users can tap the menu button now to switch accounts from any page, a nice touch for marketers who struggle with switching accounts:
Other changes directly from the Google Play change log:
• See what’s happening near you or around the world by viewing Trends in hundreds of locations.
• Get quick access to account switching and settings via the menu button.
• Enjoy a smoother experience thanks to bug fixes and other improvements.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Kick off each Monday with the best news and ideas in social media.