Twitter Usage Numbers, From The IPO S-1
Twitter released its S-1 this afternoon, disclosing revenues of nearly $317 million last year and a net loss of roughly $80 million in 2012, down from $128.3 million in 2011. If all goes according to plan, the company will raise roughly $1 billion with its IPO.
Twitter will likely trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “TWTR.”
In addition to revenues there were a range of usage figures revealed by Twitter S-1. The following are the top-line numbers disclosed in the filing:
- Roughly 215 million monthly active users (MAUs) vs. 151.4 million average MAUs in June 2012
- 100 million daily active users
- Roughly 500 million Tweets per day
- US: 49.2 MAUs; outside US: 169.1 million MAUs
- 77 percent of average MAUs (Q2) were from outside the US
- 75 percent of users access Twitter via mobile devices (as of Q2)
- In excess of 65 percent of Twitter’s ad revenue is coming from mobile
- Since inception in 2006, there have been over 300 billion Tweets
- More than six million websites have integrated with Twitter
Twitter’s IPO will make millionaires and billionaires of its top executives and co-founders, especially its largest single shareholder Ev Williams who owns 12 percent of the company.
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Kick off each Monday with the best news and ideas in social media.