Nonprofit Save The Children Takes No. 1 Spot On YouTube’s March Ads Leaderboard
According to YouTube, the No. 1 video ad for the month is from a nonprofit organization. With over 28 millions views, Save the Children UK’s “Most Shoking Second a Day” video outranked videos from brands like Samsung, Old Spice and Subaru.
There is a notable disparity between the number of views for the top two videos and the rest of the list. Both the No. 1 and No. 2 videos generated over 20 million views each, while the No. 3 ranked ad from Old Spice earned under five million views.
Samsung took the No. 1 and No. 2 spots, with its “Official Introduction” ad for the Galaxy S5 phone winning over 23 million views, and its “Galaxy S5 Official Hands-on” video earning over three million views.
The tenth ranked video, an ad from The Oregon Tourism Commission, earned only 104,561 views.
YouTube’s Ad Leaderboard for March 2014:
1. “Most Shocking Second a Day Video” Save the Children UK: 28,697,607 views
2. “Samsung Galaxy S5 – Official Introduction” Samsung Mobile: 23,819,243 views
3. “Old Spice | Get Shaved in the Face” Old Spice: 4,671,756 views
4. “WRX STI vs StickBomb” Subaru Global TV: 3,358,932 views
5. “Samsung Galaxy S5 – Official Hands-on” Samsung Mobile: 3,126,620 views
6. “COCO Mademoiselle: She’s Not There” Chanel: 1,581,840 views
7. “Guess Who Loves Taco Bell’s New Breakfast?” Taco Bell: 1,528,043 views
8. “St. Patrick’s Day 2014 #IrelandInspires” Failte Ireland TV: 1,088,596 views
9. “9 Super Cool Baby Tips and Hacks” Buzz Feed Yellow: 394,687 views
10. “The 7 Wonders of Oregon” Oregon: 104,561 views
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Sign up to receive weekly insights on video advertising and trends.