Sign up to receive weekly insights on video advertising and trends.
Nike’s World Cup Spots Rank No. 1 & No. 6 On YouTube’s List Of Top Ads For April
YouTube has released its top video ads from April, with World Cup spots from three different brands making the list.
At No. 1, Nike’s “Winner Stays” video featured a number of World Cup players, including Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar Jr. and Wayne Rooney. The ad earned nearly 50 million views last month, more than twice as many as the No. 2 video from Dove.
Nike’s “Risk Everything” ranked No. 6, earning the brand two spots on the top ten list – both with World Cup themes.
Foot Locker and Castrol Oil were two more brands on the list whose spots included World Cup players.
According to YouTube, this month’s list marks the first time video creator channels have broken into the top ten. Sport channel Dude Perfect partnered with Gatorade for its “World’s Longest Dunk Tank Throw” video which earned the No. 10 spot.
When asked about the partnership, a Gatorade spokesperson told Marketing Land:
Gatorade felt Dude Perfect was a great fit for this program because their previous content demonstrated originality, appeal within Gatorade’s target audience and a natural tie to sports, and they were uniquely qualified due to their bold and extreme creative approach.
Another creator to break into the top ten was Rhett and Link with their PSA for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) which ranked No. 9.
Top Ten YouTube Video Ads for April
1. Nike Football “Winner Stays” (49,042,870 views)
2. Dove “Patches” (20,528,714 views)
3. Evian Babies “The Amazing Baby & Me 2” (16,577,425 views)
4. Castrol Footkhana “Neymar Jr. v Ken Block” (14,213,013 views)
5. Thai Life Channel “Unsung Hero” (12,523,222 views)
6. Nike Football “Risk Everything” (10,844,632 views)
7. Foot Locker “No Rings” (4,628,338 views)
8. Honey Maid “Love” (3,828,593 views)
9. Rhett & Link (w/ NHTSA) “I’m a Textpert” (2,700,341 views)
10. Dude Perfect (w/ Gatorade) “World’s Longest Dunk Tank Throw” (1,363,303 views)
Postscript: This story was updated to include comments from Gatorade regarding its partnership with YouTube creator Dude Perfect.