8 simple ways to utilize a blog to improve SEO results
Is your blog living up to its full potential? In this beginner-level how-to, columnist Joe Goers explains several ways to utilize your blog for SEO gains.
Seemingly every company has a blog these days. Unfortunately, very few organizations fully capitalize on their blog content to maximize SEO results. Here are eight simple ways a blog can improve your website’s organic visibility, traffic and results.
1. Create a compelling name for your blog
It irks me when I go to a company’s website and the name of the blog is… “Blog”! I urge marketers to be creative and more descriptive when naming the blog section of a website. Your blog name is also an optimization opportunity. Ask yourself these questions:
- What is the overarching theme of the blog?
- What would be a compelling description in my industry?
- Can I incorporate important SEO keywords in the blog’s title or name?
- Specifically, who am I trying to reach?
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.