The Big Wrap-Up: The Top 10 Columns On Marketing Land In 2015
What were the top columns that attracted attention, discussion and pageviews in 2015? Check out our most popular columns of the year and click through for insights that will provide value in 2016 and beyond.
From the death (again) of Google+ to social media advertising and mobile business apps, Marketing Land’s most popular columns of the year spanned a wide range of tactics and strategies.
One phenomenon that rose to the top of readers’ minds in 2015 was the perennial search for the new new tool that will give them an edge on the competition or automate time-consuming tasks. The rise of mobile marketing and the further development of social media platforms were also hot topics this year, as was the eternal search for data and insights to inform marketers’ campaigns.
Read on for the top 10 columns contributed by marketing practitioners in 2015. Many thanks to those listed below and all of the other great columnists that help make Marketing Land what it’s become. Happy New Year to all our contributors and readers; may the marketing odds be ever in your favor in 2016 and beyond!
- What The Unofficial Death Of Google+ Means For Marketing by Travis Wright, published on 4/7/15 in the Social Media Marketing Column.
Social activity: Facebook 3124, Google+ 941, LinkedIn 1265
- Gmail Sponsored Promotions: Everything You Need To Know To Succeed At Direct Response With GSP, Part 1 by Susan Waldes, published on 3/10/15 in the Email Marketing Column.
Social activity: Facebook 294, Google+ 149, LinkedIn 270
- Why Social Media Advertising Is Set To Explode In The Next 3 Years by Sonny Ganguly, published on 3/17/15 in the Social Media Marketing Column.
Social activity: Facebook 919, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 546
- Top 20 Most Useful Mobile Business Apps For 2015 by Aaron Strout, published on 4/30/15 in the Mobile Marketing Column.
Social activity: Facebook 367, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 379
- The Big List: 80 Of The Hottest SEO, Social Media & Digital Analytics Tools For Marketers by John Lincoln, published on 1/13/15 in the Martech Column.
Social activity: Facebook 1911, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 821
- 6 Inbound Marketing Techniques Every Business Should Use by Neil Patel, published on 1/28/15 in the Marketing Strategies Column.
Social activity: Facebook 696, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 636
- 4 Digital Marketing Strategy Studies: Formats, Trends, Influencers & Engagement by Kelsey Libert, published on 2/3/15 in the Content Marketing Column.
Social activity: Facebook 609, Google+ 298, LinkedIn 695
- 5 Key Mobile Marketing Trends For 2015 by Aaron Strout, published on 1/8/15 in the Mobile Marketing Column.
Social activity: Facebook 448, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 461
- Why Most Brands Fail At E-Commerce (And 4 Keys To How To Fix It) by David Rekuc, published on 3/24/15 in the Retail Column.
Social activity: Facebook 143, Google+ 90, LinkedIn 505
- The Google Trends Data Goldmine by Benjamin Spiegel, published on 2/10/15 in the Search Marketing Column.
Social activity: Facebook 250, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 225
Methodology: Columns published in 2015 are ranked in order of pageviews measured by Google Analytics. Data includes all columns published through November 30, 2015. Social data provided by SharedCount.