CMOs in the know: Our top 10 Marketing Strategies columns of 2017
What were the marketing tactics and tips that captivated our readers over the past year? Check out our most widely read Marketing Strategies columns of 2017.
As we head into the new year, it’s a good time to look back at the marketing trends and tactics that shaped 2017. After all, knowing what worked and what didn’t in the industry will help both you and your organization plan strategically for the year ahead.
Marketing Land’s most popular columns of the year covered a wide range of strategies, as our contributors generously shared their insider tips on everything from retention marketing to determining a budget for your digital marketing program.
Our readers were especially keen to learn about what sort of marketing strategy results in a viral phenomenon. Heard all the buzz surrounding the Instant Pot? You’re not alone… and you may even have found yourself the recipient of one for the holidays this year. Columnist Brian Patterson talked to the CEO of Instant Pot, Robert Wang, to answer marketers’ questions about cooking up a cult-like following.
Check out these topics and more in our list of the top 10 Marketing Strategies columns of 2017 — they’re sure to help you strategize for 2018 and get your marketing program in tip-top shape.
- The magic behind the Instant Pot viral phenomenon (and the CEO’s favorite recipe) by Brian Patterson, published on 3/13/2017.
- The rise of retention marketing as a strategic priority in 2017 by Heather Timney, published on 1/30/2017.
- 6 roles you need on your marketing team + 2 you probably haven’t considered by Garrett Mehrguth, published on 4/26/2017.
- How much should B2B companies invest in digital marketing? by Dale Hursh, published on 1/27/2017.
- What a 32-step journey to a Bruno Mars album can teach marketers and tech companies by Blaise Lucey, published on 5/26/2017.
- Are you a marketer? You need to be marketing yourself by Sweta Patel, published on 10/9/2017.
- Entrepreneurial lessons from an amateur poker player by Liad Agmon, published on 1/6/2017.
- The evolution of the customer journey in 2017: Optimizing moments that matter by Jim Yu, published on 1/10/2017.
- Survey results: Here’s what 376 marketers say is working in online marketing by Jayson DeMers, published on 7/21/2017.
- Taking Goliath down: How to compete with the giants in your industry by Aden Andrus, published on 5/11/2017.
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.