Content Culture: Our Top Content Marketing Columns For 2015
From simple content strategy "hacks" to diving into Google Analytics, here are the topics that resonated with content marketers this past year.
Despite some concerns earlier this year that content marketing may have reached a plateau, there was still no stopping the forward march of content in 2015. The Content Marketing Institute’s most recent B2B Content Marketing Report found that the majority of B2B marketers — 88 percent — used content marketing as part of their marketing strategy.
Of course, as more content is endlessly churned out, marketers must inevitably ask, “How do you break through the noise and stand out?” That’s the question many of our expert columnists sought to answer here on Marketing Land over the past year, providing a wealth of advice on how to speak to your audience and rise above the content clutter.
Some of the most popular columns of the year looked at the nuts and bolts of how to craft an effective content marketing plan. Readers were also interested in understanding which channels are best for distribution and how to integrate content across those channels.
For those insights and more, be sure to take a look back at the 10 most popular content marketing columns we published in 2015. Many thanks to all of our talented columnists — with a big shout-out to Quinn Whissen and Jonathan Blank, whose names you’ll see more than once on this list!
- 4 Digital Marketing Strategy Studies: Formats, Trends, Influencers & Engagement by Kelsey Libert, published on 2/3/15.
Social activity: Facebook 609, Google+ 298, LinkedIn 695
- Back to Basics: What Content Marketers Need to Know About Google Analytics by Jonathan Blank, published on 4/22/15.
Social activity: Facebook 251, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 420
- Jump-Start Your Content Marketing With These 4 Strategies by Quinn Whissen, published on 8/24/15.
Social activity: Facebook 350, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 374
- Digital Marketing Integration: The Impact Of Cross-Channel And Content by Jim Yu, published on 6/2/15.
Social activity: Facebook 285, Google+ 76, LinkedIn 430
- Why You Need A Persona-Based Content Marketing Strategy by Arnie Kuenn, published on 5/4/15.
Social activity: Facebook 368, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 612
- 7 Tips For Launching A Video Marketing Strategy by Michael Litt, published on 5/22/15.
Social activity: Facebook 378, Google+ 0, LinkedIn 457
- A Fill-In-The Blank Content Strategy Document by Jonathan Blank, published on 2/5/15.
Social activity: Facebook 119, Google+ 33, LinkedIn 89
- The 1% Rule Of Content Marketing by Quinn Whissen, published on 5/13/15.
Social activity: Facebook 537, Google+ 163, LinkedIn 668
- 10 Stupidly Simple “Hacks” To Win At Content Marketing by Quinn Whissen, published on 6/29/15.
Social activity: Facebook 360, Google+ 126, LinkedIn 467
- The Generational Content Gap: How Different Age Groups Consume Content by Kerry Jones, published on 8/18/15.
Social activity: Facebook 331, Google+ 104, LinkedIn 415
Methodology: Columns published in 2015 are ranked in order of page views measured by Google Analytics. Data includes all columns published through November 30, 2015. Social data provided by SharedCount.
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.