Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Google Photos, Android Pay, App Campaigns, Offline Maps & “Now on Tap” Some Of Many Google I/O 2015 Keynote Announcements
Moves seek to strengthen Google in some areas where it's behind Apple while others push it even further ahead of its arch-rival.
Today Google announced a wide-range of new products and features, including a new Google Photos service to help people store and organize their photos, Android Pay as an Apple Pay-rival, an easier way for app developers to run paid promotional campaigns, a “Now on Tap” feature for Google Now that brings on-demand predictive information to apps, voice searches and web pages plus Offline Maps that allow not just navigation but also searching for places and learning more about them.
Whew! This and more happened during the opening keynote of Google’s annual developers conference, Google I/O 2015, in San Francisco.
Below is more information about some of the key announcements of interest to digital marketers, from ourselves in break-out stories or from Google. Further below the links is our live blog of the event.
- Google Announces Major Ads Push To Court App Developers, our story here on Marketing Land
- Google’s New Universal App Campaigns Push App Promotions Across Search, YouTube, AdMob, Display, our story on Search Engine Land
- Coming Soon: “Now On Tap,” An Expanded Version Of Google Now That Works In Apps & Mobile Browsers, our story on Search Engine Land
- Google Photos, Google’s blog post
- Android Pay, Google’s blog post
- Google’s wrap-up post on all announcements
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.