Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: 2018 marketing goals, Google My Business review policy changes & social media ads
Amy Gesenhues on December 29, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Three things marketers must do to better serve customers in 2018
Dec 29, 2017 by Matt Zilli
As we head into the new year, now is the time to solidify your goals for customer retention and advocacy. Contributor Matt Zilli discusses three key factors marketers need to be thinking about in 2018.
- Negative reviews from ex-employees are finally against Google’s guidelines
Dec 29, 2017 by Joy Hawkins
Google recently updated its review policies to clarify that reviews left by former employees are considered to be in violation of its guidelines. Columnist Joy Hawkins explains that this was (unfortunately) necessary.
- 8 tips for getting social media ads right
Dec 29, 2017 by Peter Minnium
Are your social media ads missing the mark? Contributor Peter Minnium outlines eight tips and tricks to help you connect with your audience and build a community of loyal followers.
- What piqued your fellow marketers’ interest this year — our top 10 columns on Marketing Land
Dec 29, 2017 by Pamela Parker
Social media marketing topics — both new developments and fundamentals — were the primary subjects of our most popular columns of 2017.
- How agencies are adapting to continued pressures on their business model
Dec 29, 2017 by Tim Peterson
To contend with increased financial pressures, agencies are adjusting to new cost structures and angling for new roles.
- It’s not the trend that you need to watch for. It’s the trend inside the trend.
Dec 28, 2017 by Barry Levine
Here’s a partial list of the hidden consequences inside some of the biggest trends in 2017.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- On the cutting edge of martech: Our top columns of 2017
Dec 29, 2017 by Desiree Everts DeNunzio
From grappling with data fatigue to finding just the right marketing technology solutions, our contributors brought you the hottest topics in the martech space.
- ‘Alexa: How will voice impact my mobile marketing?’
Dec 29, 2017 by Kristin Cronin
Don’t get left in the dust. Columnist Kristin Cronin believes that as voice continues its rapid advance, marketers need to be planning now for its impact on their brands.
- Advertising is on life support
Dec 29, 2017 by Dayle Hall
The world of marketing has changed, and columnist Dayle Hall believes our approach to it needs to change as well.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Videos to Improve Your Marketing Skills in 2018, Marketo
- Facebook Removes Chechen Strongman’s Accounts, Raising Policy Questions, New York Times
- How to Build a Social Campaign for a Hard-to-Reach Audience, Convince and Convert
- Mark Zuckerberg’s real campaign: Save Facebook, Axios
- Pinterest adds former CBS Corp. CFO Fred Reynolds to its board, TechCrunch
- The things we lost in media and marketing in 2017, Digiday
- These Are 50 Of The Biggest Fake News Hits On Facebook In 2017, BuzzFeed
- Time Remains a Top Challenge for Dedicated Content Marketers, KoMarketing
- Using Facebook Ads to Turn New Customers Into Repeat Customers, Social Media Examiner