Marketing Day: Pinterest opens API, Shopify unveils new tools, SMXperts & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How to choose the best content format for link building
Sep 19, 2018 by Paddy Moogan
Thinking about creating an infographic or GIF as a way to attract links? Here’s a list of pros and cons of different visual elements and their effectiveness at attracting links.
- Ask the SMXpert — Page speed, site migrations and crawling
Sep 19, 2018 by Debra Mastaler
Our SMXperts share their tactical insights on optimizing crawl budgets, fine-tuning page speed and how to execute on large-scale error-free site migrations.
- Pinterest opens API to give brands more insights on influencer campaigns
Sep 19, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Pinterest adds eight influencer marketing platforms to its Marketing Partners program.
- 5 ways to leverage real third-party purchase intent
Sep 19, 2018 by John Steinert
If you’re looking for positive change in your demand generation performance, here are five ways to take advantage of the purchase intent resources available in your market.
- Amazon now 3rd-biggest digital ad seller in US
Sep 19, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
Amazon is still far behind Google and Facebook, but its advertising business is expected to keep skyrocketing.
- Survey surprise: 90% of consumers report being brand-loyal
Sep 19, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Product quality was the leading factor, but great customer service barely registered as a loyalty driver.
- Shopify now lets stores create AR experiences for iOS 12
Sep 18, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
The announcement comes on the heels of Apple’s release of iOS 12, which includes new functionality that provides AR experiences from within a web browser.
- Contextual ads are back (again)
Sep 18, 2018 by Barry Levine
A new report from contextual ad firm GumGum surveyed ad execs and found that content-based advertising has not succumbed to audience targeting.
- Sizmek re-enters TV ad space with an Advanced TV Initiative
Sep 18, 2018 by Barry Levine
The ad platform is now providing planning, deployment and reporting to connected, addressable and linear TV as it expands beyond web and in-app ads.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Enterprise AI with the CIO and CMO: Better together benefits
Sep 19, 2018 by Jim Yu
Here’s a look at how AI is transforming entire enterprises, particularly through the lens of marketing and IT, and why the two teams must work together.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Ad Copy: What We Learned From Analyzing Over 750,000 Facebook Ads, Adespresso
- Agile Won’t Fix Broken Marketing, Marketing Insider Group
- Amazon May Have Lost Your Backend Keywords, MarketingWords
- Facebook Is Letting Job Advertisers Target Only Men, ProPublica
- How Top Hotel Brands Work With Travel Influencers, MediaKix
- Use Low CPC Geek-Tail Keywords for Psychographic Content Marketing, AimClear
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.