Marketing Day: Ace Metrix Ranking, Clearstream Study & Beer Brands
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The Marketing Analytics Practice Is Evolving: How Can You Adapt?
As the saying goes, the only thing that is constant is change. But in digital marketing today, change is not only constant but also rapid and all-inclusive, and applies not only to marketing practice but also the practitioners. The past few years have given rise to marketing technologists: those who are equally adept at marketing […]
- Online Shoppers Still Looking For Deals, And Snapping Up Gifts, As Christmas Approaches
Get the latest stats and trends from Marketing Land’s Online Retail Shopping Report.
- Beer Brand Lets People Attach Video Messages To Their Bottles
While marketers have long argued over the usefulness (or not) of QR codes, this debate has not stopped brands from implementing the technology wherever and whenever they can. Working with Del Campo Saatchi & Saatchi, Argentinian beer brand Andes has come up with an ingenious little QR code-fueled mobile video stunt entitled “Message in a Bottle.” […]
- Nintendo And Ebates.com Score With Top Holiday Ads
Ace Metrix ranked the top performing video ads this holiday season.
- Culture Of Content: The Success Criteria
Fundamentally, content has become bigger than marketing; it spans across the enterprise, particularly in public-facing divisions such as sales, customer care, recruiting, PR and product groups. All these constituencies have the capability to create and to distribute content, to contribute to the overall content pool, and to become part of the content circulatory system. But how […]
- Video RTB Misses The Mark Over Half The Time
Clearstream study finds 63% of video impressions won in November did not meet advertiser criteria.
- Top 10 Columns Of 2014 On Design, Usability & Conversion
You’ve gotten someone to your web site. Now what? Here are the top columns of 2014 offering guidance on this critical topic.
- Marketing Land’s Top 10 Retail Columns In 2014
The retailer-oriented columns that touched a nerve with our readers in 2014.
- Study: For Retailers Shopping For Social Success Consistency Is The Key
It’s not the retail vertical that you’re in that defines social success, it’s the dedication and consistency that defines you.
- Marketers Get Aid In Promoting Facebook Videos Off Of The Network Thanks To New Service From Virool
As brands rush to adopt Facebook video, a new service from Virool helps marketers increase video engagement & exposure off of Facebook altogether.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- 5 SEO Tactics To Kick-Start The New Year
- Yahoo Rolls Out Search For Its Android Launcher Aviate
- 2014 Year In Review: A Look Back On What Happened With SEO
- A New Google Easter Egg; This One For Bletchley Park
- Google’s Christmas Holiday Logos For 2014
- Getting Down To Business: Our Top 10 B2B Search Marketing Columns For 2014
- 2015 Predictions: Google In The Year Of The Goat
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How to Use Google Analytics Custom Segments, Reports and Dashboards, Social Media Examiner
Blogs & Blogging
- Establishing Your Blog as a Learning Center, relevance.com
- WordPress Optimization Guide – Things To Do After Installing WordPress, Digital Inspiration
- Judge: It’s OK for cops to create fake Instagram accounts, Ars Technica
- Sony Threatens to Sue Twitter Unless It Removes Tweets Containing Hacked Emails, Motherboard
- The Wild West of Content Marketing in 2015, Vertical Measures
- Your 12 Point Content Marketing Strategy (Part 2 of 4), Pushing Social
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Measuring Your Site’s Responsive Breakpoint Usage, Philip Walton
- You’ve Been Served Poor UX, UX Magazine
Display & Contextual Advertising
- 74% of new TLD registrations (SLD+TLD) not registered in .com, Domain Name Wire
- Five Killer E-Commerce Marketing Tips For 2015, Forbes
- Holiday web sales increase 15% so far this season, Internet Retailer
- How a web-only car dealership entices shoppers, Internet Retailer
- Global e-commerce will increase 22% this year, Internet Retailer
- The Gift of Email Keeps on Giving, Direct Marketing News
General Internet Marketing
- The Importance of Integrated Marketing Communications, www.portent.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Google Glass could help moms connect with their newborns, The Boston Globe
- TripAdvisor Fined $610,000 in Italy for Failing to Prevent Fake Reviews, New York Times
- Exploits Circulating for Remote Code Execution Flaws in NTP Protocol, Threatpost
- North Korea loses Internet days after Barack Obama vows revenge over Sony hacks, nationalpost.com
- Can You Afford to Avoid Reputation Management?, The Social Robot
- How People You’ve Never Heard of Got To Be the Most Powerful Users on Pinterest, medium.com
- 2015 digital marketing predictions for Facebook, Inside Facebook
- How to Grow Your Leads With Social Media Marketing, Social Media Examiner
- How To Increase Your News Feed Visibility On Facebook, GetResponse Blog
- Nissan’s Red Thumb campaign drives visual, social engagement, Mobile Marketer