Marketing Day: Amazon Closing Webstore, Ooyala Partners With TubeMogul & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Even Brief Video Views Drive Brand Lift, Facebook-Nielsen Study Finds
Study shows significant lift in ad recall, brand awareness and purchase intent even among people who view video for zero to three seconds.
- Amazon To Close Its E-Commerce Platform Webstore In 2016
Retailers report they started receiving notifications this week about Amazon’s plans to shut down the service.
- Accelerate Your Career with Marketing Analytics You Can Use – March 24 Webcast
Learn how to use analytics to quickly gain smarter insights and improve marketing performance.
- The Enmeshing Of Marketing & Product Development: Dispatch From SXSWi
Agency and brand experts at SXSWi explored the opportunities for marketers and product developers to work together from the conception of an idea to the finished product.
- GinzaMetrics Launches Social Intelligence Suite
New analytics tool aims to show how social media marketing impacts revenue.
- Who Will Survive The Performance Marketing Revolution?
Columnist Scott Rayden discusses the challenges facing agencies in a constantly-changing digital marketing landscape, explaining what agencies must do to adapt and survive.
- Beacon Of Hope: Pushing Mobile Technology
Though beacon technology is still in its early stages, columnist Anthony Bursi believes that this form of customized, personalized marketing has the potential to revolutionize retail.
- Swiss Watchmaker Joins Smartwatch Fray As More Consumers Express Interest
Recognizing a potentially serious long-term threat from smartwatches and the Apple Watch in particular, luxury Swiss watchmaker TAG Heuer announced that it’s going to build a smartwatch together with Google and Intel.
- The Psychology Behind Asking Users For Their Email Address
Email addresses are the high-value currency of exchange on the web, says columnist Jeremy Smith. Why? Because an email address is a lead. And the only way to get email addresses is to ask for them.
- Google Keynotes Answer Your SEM & SEO Questions at SMX Advanced
SMX Advanced keynotes deliver first-hand insights. This year is no exception.
- Ooyala, TubeMogul Partner On New Premium Video Programmatic Marketplace
Videoplaza ad management platform will be integrated into TubeMogul video ad software.
- Facebook To SMB Advertisers: Evolve With Us
Facebook’s SMB chief for North America acknowledges that Facebook has “underinvested” in support for small businesses and says to stay tuned for improvement.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- The Importance Of XML Sitemaps In The Age Of Panda
- Google Cites Local Inventory Ad Successes After Walmart Drops Out
- Local Experts Say “Relevance” Of Citations More Important Than “Authority”
- Google Keynotes Answer Your SEM & SEO Questions at SMX Advanced
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- “Wrangling the right data,” and 3 other ways to keep big audiences entertained, digiday.com
- A Net Neutrality Boon For Marketers: Faster Data Speed, adexchanger.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 6 Ways to Make Money With Advertising on Your Blog, www.jeffbullas.com
- How do you post to your blog every day?, www.searchengineguide.com
- How Long Should A Blog Post Be?, www.koozai.com
- 10 Content Marketing Takeaways From SXSW, contently.com
- 11 Company Paradigms that Totally Screw Up Content Marketing Success, www.thesaleslion.com
- 5 Hacks to Write The Headlines Your Readers Want, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 8 Ways You Waste Precious Resources on Your Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Be a Storyteller, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Robert Rose Failed at Rock, Said No to Nudity, and Saw a Future in Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The New Republic’s comeback plan: native ads, digiday.com
- 5 Steps to Radically Improve Conversions on Your Content, blog.crazyegg.com
- How To Use Post-Conversion Engagement To Keep Your Valuable Leads And Customers, www.searchenginepeople.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Pros and Cons of Infinite Scroll: Does Your Website Need It?, smallbiztrends.com
- Streamline How You Write Promotional Ad Copy, www.ppchero.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Contextual Marketing 101: A Real-World Example, blog.movableink.com
- Eight genuinely useful tools for domain name generation, econsultancy.com
- ICANN budget proposal shows new TLDs weaker than expected, domainnamewire.com
- 8 Ways a Marketing Agency Can Help an Ecommerce Business, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Alibaba’s Jack Ma shows off new ‘pay with a selfie’ technology, fortune.com
- Amazon Brings One-Hour Delivery To Baltimore And Miami, techcrunch.com
- Should retailers prepare to go over the top?, www.internetretailer.com
- Target reaches huge settlement with security breach victims, www.cbsnews.com
- Web shoppers want to be personal but not too cozy with retailers, www.internetretailer.com
- 10 Ways to Capture Email Leads Without Disturbing Your Visitors, blog.kissmetrics.com
- 15 Tips to Master the Art of Cold Emailing, smallbiztrends.com
- 4 Ways to Retain Customers and Keep Them Coming Back, www.verticalresponse.com
- Are Your Subscribers Traveling First Class, or Stuck in Coach?, blog.returnpath.com
- Dollar Shave Club uses data analytics to better personalize email marketing, www.internetretailer.com
- Geo-Targeting in Email Marketing: Why Maps Can Be So Powerful, blog.movableink.com
- Give Users a Vote: Why Testing in Email Matters, www.cmswire.com
- How to Growth-Hack Your Email List Using Exit-Intent Overlays, conversionscientist.com
- The key to Bonobos’ email marketing strategy, www.internetretailer.com
General Internet Marketing
- 3 Strategies to Segment Audiences and Personalize Digital Marketing, www.adweek.com
- Planning Your Marketing? Don’t Forget These Fundamentals, www.marketingprofs.com
- Unlocking True Personalisation Through Segmentation, www.socialbro.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Announcing Opera Select, the first premium mobile exchange, blog.operamediaworks.com
- Connecting With the Cosmos: The Total Audience Media Universe, www.nielsen.com
- IAB Video Center Board of Directors Announced, www.iab.net
- Rakuten Acquires Programmatic Buying Tool Deep Forest, adage.com
- Rakuten Buys Ebook And Audiobook Platform OverDrive For $410M, techcrunch.com
- Back to Basics: What is Marketing Automation and Why Do I Need It Now?, blog.marketo.com
- Marketing Tech Helping To Boost CMO Tenure, adexchanger.com
- Marketing technology: How to correctly conduct user acceptance testing, www.mycustomer.com
- A Walk Through Guide to Mobilizing Your Site, www.webranking.com
- Android Users More Likely To Click Mobile App Ads, iOS Users More Apt to Install, www.adweek.com
- Denny’s exec: Location-based messaging lifts store visits, augments brand, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How Much Longer Until Small Businesses Join the Mobile World?, www.emarketer.com
- Mobile Web Surfers Again Facing Unexpected Redirects To App Store, Native Apps, techcrunch.com
- New York Times Shifts Resources to Mobile, adage.com
- Podcasts Reach Fans’ Ears via Mobile, www.emarketer.com
- Small Businesses and the Impact of Mobile Optimization, streetfightmag.com
- Why Brands Can Invest in the Apple Watch Without Fear, adage.com
- 10 Social Media Rules to Follow if You Don’t Want to Get Sued, contently.com
- Filtered Photos Still Brands’ Instagram Go-To, www.emarketer.com
- How Chief Marketing Officers Use Twitter, www.adweek.com
- How to Reward Your Fans with Facebook Offers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Is There a Light at the End of the Social Media Marketing Tunnel?, www.cmswire.com
- One Quality Can Make or Break Your Social Media Campaigns, smallbiztrends.com
- The five types of content employees love to share on social media, econsultancy.com
- The global Twitter conversation on women’s rights, www.Twitter.com
- The NYT dispatches reporters to social conversation hotspots, digiday.com
- Twitter Doesn’t Have a ‘Noise’ Problem, it Has a ‘No One is Talking There Anymore’ Problem, mackcollier.com
- Twitter Explains What You Can Do About ‘Creepy’ Users, adage.com
- How Meerkat Will Change the 2016 Election for Every Campaign, Reporter and Voter, medium.com
- Jukin Media: Building an empire on other people’s viral videos, digiday.com
- Meerkat Makes It Easier to Follow Users via the Web, The Next Web
- SnappyTV Powers Twitter’s Video Strategy for Everything From March Madness to the President, www.adweek.com
- Vine for iOS will now preload videos for you to watch while offline, www.theverge.com
- YouTube: The Launchpad for Bethany Mota’s Success, www.socialbakers.com