Marketing Day: Apple Services, Amazon Go & reputation management tips
Amy Gesenhues on January 22, 2018 at 4:05 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- As world waits for iPhone X sales, Apple Services has become a Fortune 100 business
Jan 22, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Services revenue will probably exceed $31 billion for calendar 2017, not including payments to iOS developers.
- How to launch a successful refer-a-friend program
Jan 22, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Everyone knows word of mouth is an effective channel for acquiring new customers, but few businesses systematically drive the channel through a dedicated referral program. Often, it sits as a request from the marketing team on the development pipeline year after year.
- For Reduxio’s CMO, diversity is key to building a winning marketing organization
Jan 22, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Mike Grandinetti says companies need people with multiple perspectives and experiences to get a holistic view of what’s really happening in the world.
- Amazon Go Store now open in Seattle — How disruptive will it be?
Jan 22, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Regardless of whether Go itself takes off, this is a watershed moment for the future of retail.
- Don’t let your organization be a sitting duck: 10 reputation management tips for 2018
Jan 22, 2018 by Chris Silver Smith
Let 2018 be the year you get proactive about online reputation management. Columnist Chris Silver Smith shares 10 tips to help you reduce the risks to your organization.
- Bond now offers self-service handwritten notes with variables
Jan 22, 2018 by Barry Levine
Previously, the automated handwritten note service only allowed the personalization of each note for managed enterprise accounts.
- Aligning with sales: Stop saying and start doing in 2018
Jan 19, 2018 by Peter Isaacson
Thanks to AI and intent data, marketers have the opportunity to align with their sales teams better than ever before. Columnist Peter Isaacson outlines the steps marketers can take to get there.
- Facebook will prioritize news from ‘trusted’ publishers while de-emphasizing news overall
Jan 19, 2018 by Tim Peterson
Facebook will rely on user surveys to compile a list of trusted sources. It’s unclear whether the company will publicly share that list.
- 3 AdWords features you’re probably underutilizing
Jan 19, 2018 by Brett Middleton
Columnist Brett Middleton explores three commonly underused AdWords features that can have a big impact on performance: ad variations, Gmail ads and campaign experiments.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- How companies are using chatbots for marketing: Use cases and inspiration
Jan 22, 2018 by Daniel Faggella
In Part 1 of a series, columnist Daniel Faggella shares two use cases of companies that are using chatbots to improve their marketing and sales, explaining what you can learn from them.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Instagram Marketing Tips For Businesses Without Visual Content, CMS Wire
- Apple Bows Apple Music For Artists to Provide Acts With Deep Analytics Dive, Billboard
- Email Benchmarks for Welcome, Birthday & Win-Back Messages, MarketingProfs
- Facebook Marketers are Already Fumbling News Feed Change, Jon Loomer Digital
- In 2018, influencer marketing is about driving sales, Digiday
- Pinterest Marketing Tips and Strategies for WordPress Users, Kinsta
- Share your marketing tech stack, and we’ll donate up to $10,000 to Girls in Tech, Chief Martech
- Study: Personalized Recommendations Produce 4 Times More Conversions, Practical Ecommerce
- The Beginner’s Guide to Branding, The Blog Herald
- YouTube TV has about 300k subscribers, and Hulu’s new service has 450K, sources reveal, CNBC