Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Apple’s Intelligent Tracking Prevention, Instagram Story ads & Facebook Canvas ads
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The next tech innovation to help marketers engage live audiences: Voice
Jun 7, 2017 by Malcolm Cox
Columnist Malcolm Cox believes audio and voice recognition devices are set to become a marketer’s best friend, helping to target consumers as they’re actively considering what to purchase.
- How Apple’s Intelligent Tracking Prevention works & why Google/Facebook could benefit most
Jun 7, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The new solution has a 24-hour window that gives highly trafficked properties an even bigger advantage over third-party ad tech.
- Beyond SEO: Managing the management
Jun 7, 2017 by Casie Gillette
You may be an SEO guru, but how are your people skills? Columnist Casie Gillette makes the case that it’s important to know how to deal with people and provides tips for doing so effectively.
- Beginners’ guide to Bing Ads management
Jun 7, 2017 by John Lincoln
Considering advertising on Bing but not sure where to start? Columnist John Lincoln provides a handy guide for PPC newbies looking to get started with Bing Ads.
- Instagram’s direct-response Story ads are available for self-serve buys
Jun 7, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Ads within Instagram’s Stories feed can prompt people to swipe up to visit a brand’s site or install its mobile app.
- Wall Street Journal’s Google traffic drops 44% after pulling out of First Click Free
Jun 7, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Despite less traffic, paid subscriber conversion said to be up fourfold.
- Location data predictive of retail store closures
Jun 7, 2017 by Greg Sterling
inMarket loyalty report suggests which retailers will be the next ones to go.
- Two social media attribution models to use instead of single-touch
Jun 7, 2017 by Sweta Patel
Contributor Sweta Patel walks you through the three main social media attribution models to help you understand which approach will work best for your organization.
- Facebook adds templates for Canvas ads, extends iAd-like format to Collections
Jun 7, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Advertisers can pick from three plug-and-play templates and now use Canvas posts in Facebook’s shoppable Collection ads.
- Reducing chaos and stress in email marketing
Jun 7, 2017 by Jose Cebrian
While email marketing is a powerful way for marketers to communicate, it can also be chaotic. Columnist Jose Cebrian shares tips to help you cope with the stress and get organized.
- Apple adds indoor mapping for malls and airports, Do Not Disturb mode
Jun 7, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Google and Bing have similar indoor mapping initiatives.
- Segment can now track users across sites without third-party cookies
Jun 7, 2017 by Barry Levine
The data connection service is employing a common ID for first-party cookies from a brand’s multiple sites.
- Janrain offers one of the first GDPR portals for consumer data management
Jun 7, 2017 by Barry Levine
The identity management provider’s new Consent Lifecycle Management provides data management screens for visitors to its clients’ sites or apps.
- Enterprise Social Media Management Software: A Marketer’s Guide–All new sixth edition!
Jun 6, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
MarTech Today’s latest publication of the “Enterprise Social Media Management Software: A Marketer’s Guide” examines the market for enterprise social media management software (ESMMS) and the considerations involved in implementing ESMMS platforms. The 68-page report reviews the explosion of ESMMS, plus the latest trends, opportunities and challenges in social media management.
- SMX Advanced is almost sold out! Less than 100 tickets left.
Jun 6, 2017 by Marketing Land
SMX Advanced is in one week. This time next week, your peers (and competitors) will be in Seattle getting actionable SEO and SEM tactics and having conversations with the marketers making the biggest impact in the search world. We’ll be covering the SEO and SEM topics relevant today.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Analytics Tools Are Still a Challenge for Many, eMarketer
- The Future of Analytics Tools, Now Powered By Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, The Data & Marketing Association
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Protect Your Blog Content From Copyright Infringement, Social Media Examiner
- 7 Ways to Create Content without a Blog, CopyPressed
- An infographic to help your content strategy, Cornwall SEO
- How Machine Learning Can Improve Content Marketing, eMarketer
- Interactive Content Fuels Customer Experiences, Content Marketing Institute
- 7 Call to Action Tips You Have to Try, CopyPressed
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Common WordPress Security Mistakes Many Websites Make, WPExplorer
- Creating Better, Faster And More Optimized WordPress Websites, Smashing Magazine
- 6 Ecommerce PPC Best Practices to Improve Your Advertising ROI, Vertical Measures
- A/B Test Ideas for Fashion Ecommerce Websites, VWO Blog
- For retailers, Amazon is a true frenemy, Digiday
- How Amazon’s Robot Army Is Driving Customer Experience, CMS Wire
- Report: Amazon CPG sales outpacing overall market, Retail Dive
- The KPIs Every Ecommerce Marketer Must Measure for Growth, Crazy Egg
- Why B2B and B2C E-Commerce Should Be More Like Each Other, MarTech Advisor
- 8 Facebook Ad Targeting Strategies That Will Help You Build Your Email List, AWeber Communications
- 9 Tips To Inbox at Gmail, Reach Mail
- Remember These 3 Email KPIs to Make More Money, Practical Ecommerce
General Internet Marketing
- CMO turnover: Is this the hottest seat in the C-suite?, VentureBeat
- How Important Is Influencer Marketing for Brand Awareness?, Simply Measured
- Quora Ads: How to Create Your First Campaign, The AdStage Blog
- Tips for Auditing Your Company’s Wikipedia Content, 97th Floor
- Why Personalization throughout the Customer Journey needs to be a Top Priority for CMOs, MarTech Advisor
Internet Marketing Industry
- Brandwatch First to Compliantly Offer Access to Reddit Data, Brandwatch
- Independent Research Found Olapic Earned Content Platform Delivered a 680 Percent ROI and a 3.6x Increase in Conversion Rates, Market Wired
- Viraltag Introduces Collaboration To Put The ‘Social’ In Social Media Planning, PR Web
- 5 Ways Artificial Intelligence Can Positively Impact Your Marketing Strategy, Jeff Bullas
- 7 Ways to Increase Sales with Marketing Automation, Marketo
- Study Finds New Opportunities For Firms Integrating Ad, Marketing Tech, Street Fight
- What anchors your martech mall? A marketing metaphor, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Where Does AI Fit in Your Marketing Strategy?, CMS Wire
- Facebook introduces new Android TV app, only allows you to watch videos, 9to5Google
- How shoppers use their smartphones in stores, Retail Dive
- Mobile AR could hit $60 billion by 2021 thanks to Apple and Facebook, VentureBeat
- Target, Best Buy, Home Depot rank highest for mobile web experiences, Retail Dive
- Why Small Business Owners Should Consider Getting an App, Duct Tape Marketing
- Creating a Weekly Pinterest Schedule – 4 Simple Steps, Tailwind Blog
- Did Facebook Roll Out Custom Photo Frames for Events?, Adweek
- Facebook inserts itself into politics with new tools that help elected officials reach constituents, TechCrunch
- Facebook Messenger Users Have Sent More Than 2 Billion Reactions, Adweek
- Facebook will share anonymized location data with disaster relief organizations, TechCrunch
- How Brands Are Supporting LGBTQ Pride Month On Social, MediaKix
- How the Top 5 Social Media Platforms Spent Their Marketing Budgets Last Year, Adweek
- How to Build a Better Social Media Marketing Strategy, MarketingProfs
- The Definitive Guide to Linkedin’s New Matched Audiences, Adweek
- 4 Reasons People Watch Gaming Content on YouTube, Think with Google
- Hasbro Shares Its Content Strategy Behind Launching a Brand on YouTube, Think with Google
- Move Over Netflix, Facebook Original Content Is Here, MediaKix
- Study: 64% make a purchase after watching marketing videos on Facebook, Mobile Marketer
- The Live Blog: June 6, 2017, Facebook Media
- Twitch affiliate streamers get a cut of game purchase referrals now, The Verge
- YouTube’s gossip vloggers have created their own tabloid industry, The Verge