Marketing Day: Bing Ads Global Update, Top 10 Video Creators & Twitter Conversion Lift Reports
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Bing Ads Launches Retargeting Capabilities Globally
Oct 15, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Target past site visitors with tailored ads or product targets on Bing and Yahoo search results.
- Transforming Mobile Searches Into Sales — October 27 Webcast
Oct 15, 2015 by Marketing Land
Mobile searches and beacon technology: Hype or the real deal?
- Top 10 Video Creators In September: Newcomer The Tonight Show Ranks No. 3
Oct 15, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
According to video analytics firm Tubular, the top 100 video creators in September generated 28 billion views, a 7.7% increase over August.
- NinthDecimal & TiVo Announce Partnership To Bring Offline Store-Visit Metrics To TV
Oct 15, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Mobile devices are bringing digital analytics and targeting capabilities to all kinds of media, including “offline” traditional media, such as out-of-home, direct mail and television.
- Facebook Launches Small Business Solutions Partner Program With AdRoll, Constant Contact
Oct 15, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
The new badge program aims to make it easy for SMBs to extend their marketing efforts to Facebook.
- New Conversion Lift Reports Will Help Twitter Advertisers Capture The Impact Of Ad Exposure On User Response
Oct 15, 2015 by Greg Finn
Twitter is rolling out a new report for managed advertisers that uses controlled tests to find the effectiveness of exposure on conversions.
- At Critical Juncture, Bacardi Tries To Capture Millennial Attention With #BacardiHouseParty
Oct 15, 2015 by Pamela Parker
After reorganizing its marketing operation and selecting new agencies, Bacardi aims to recapture lost market share and make rum cool again.
- The Power Of The Call to Action & How Its Strength Boosts Conversions
Oct 15, 2015 by Jeremy Smith
The call to action is a key ingredient to any effective marketing program. Columnist Jeremy Smith explains how CTAs work and what every one of them must have to be successful.
- What Works With Consumers? Survey On Inbound And Outbound Marketing Tactics Yields Insights
Oct 15, 2015 by Kerry Jones
Columnist Kerry Jones shares findings of a consumer survey that reflect positively on customer reviews, search, direct mail offers and content marketing.
- Bridging The Gap Between Search Traffic & Social Conversion
Oct 15, 2015 by Sponsored Content: aimClear
A few weeks ago, we discussed how social psychographic targeting can power search retargeting. In this week’s edition of aimClear’s Psychographic Targeting Hot House, Social Account Manager Gretchen Gautreaux turns that concept on its head. How, you ask? WHY, you wonder? Read on to learn more.
- Technology In The Service Of Marketing — Join Us For MarTech Next Tuesday!
Oct 15, 2015 by Marketing Land
Marketing technology has permanently changed the way we market. Your message and media are only parts of the puzzle. Creating pleasing customer experiences depends on the mechanisms that create those experiences.
- Instagram Says It’s For Business, Not Just Selfies, With New Account
Oct 14, 2015 by Martin Beck
Fresh off its global ad rollout, Facebook’s visual social network launches @instagramforbusiness to highlight brands, creative agencies and small businesses having success with Instagram marketing.
- Martech Spending: 51% Of Marketers Say Their Companies Don’t Invest Enough
Oct 14, 2015 by Matt McGee
Budget concerns, difficulty of implementation are main things holding back U.S. marketers from employing the latest marketing technologies.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Bing Ads Remarketing Now Available For Search And Shopping Campaigns
- Making Strategic Decisions About Difficult-To-Get Backlinks
- As Yahoo Gemini Ramps Up, How Well Is It Performing For Search Advertisers?
- Google May Have Penalized Another Underground Link Network
- Google Analytics Search Console Queries Report Now Hiding Query Data
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- More Blog Subscribers and Comments?, dannybrown.me
- Apple faces $400 million in damages in university patent case, www.reuters.com
- Silicon Valley 2.0 And The Need For A Silicon Valley Development Authority, techcrunch.com
- Yahoo Account Key – Signing in Has Never Been Easier, yahoo.tumblr.com
- 10 Powerful Content Hacks from Art History, www.aimclearblog.com
- How The Atlantic gets people to spend more than 4 minutes on its native ads, digiday.com
- The Best Way to Build Community and Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Understanding the Importance of Content Marketing Personas, www.copypress.com
- 18 Cognitive Biases You Can Use for Conversion Optimization, conversionxl.com
- 6 Ways Marketers Are Increasing Conversions with Engage, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Affordance: Effective Use of This Principle on Landing Pages, unbounce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 6 Powerful Ways Of Improving On-Site User Engagement, usabilitygeek.com
- A copywriter’s template for excellent product page descriptions, econsultancy.com
- Beyond Usability: Designing With Persuasive Patterns, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Customer Experience As the Ultimate Marketing Tool, blog.marketo.com
- Customer experience: the trends, challenges and opportunities, econsultancy.com
- Responsiveness strategy should spotlight mobile over desktop, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Understanding The Value of Display, www.clixmarketing.com
- Counterparty Needs to Have Authority, www.domaininvesting.com
- How I did on the .Miami domain name launch, domainnamewire.com
- 5 Reasons Why Your Business Needs Negative Reviews, streetfightmag.com
- Amazon Cleans up Confusing Title Policies: Changes Underway, www.marketingwords.com
- Can Uber provide small e-retailers an alternative to Amazon?, www.internetretailer.com
- Holiday Marketing Must Haves for Online Retailers, www.toprankblog.com
- How to win back customers online: 101, econsultancy.com
- Published Shipping Policies Can Protect Merchants, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 3 Ways to Spruce Up Emails With Compelling Imagery, blog.movableink.com
- Introducing the New Yahoo Mail App, yahoo.tumblr.com
- Tactics for Better Looking Email Marketing in a Mobile World, www.distilled.net
General Internet Marketing
- 14 top tools for real-time marketing success, blog.newswhip.com
- 5 Easy Steps to Define and Use Your Brand Voice, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 5 Tips From Progressive’s CMO on Building a Brand That Cuts Through the Clutter, www.adweek.com
- Digital to Account for 40% of Out-of-Home Ad Spending in 2015, www.emarketer.com
- Our Top 10 Best Holiday Marketing Strategies EVER!, www.wordstream.com
- The Cure For Digital Marketing Chaos: Good Information, adexchanger.com
- The Giant List of Free Influencer Marketing & PR Tools, www.seerinteractive.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Datonics Announces Deal With Adobe, www.dmnews.com
- Dynatrace Announces New Digital Performance Management Innovations, www.dynatrace.com
- Gigya and ContactLab Announce Platform Integration, www.gigya.com
- Introducing Constant Contact’s Tool for Facebook Advertising, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How More Tech Players Are Building Platforms to Cure Creative Headaches, www.adweek.com
- Mar-Tech Consolidation Wages On As Selligent, StrongView Merge, adexchanger.com
- Does customization trump personalization on mobile?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Facebook and the battle for mobile discovery, econsultancy.com
- iOS App Store Revenue Now 80 Percent Higher Than Google Play, Thanks To China, TechCrunch
- Publishers are finally getting the hang of mobile ads, close the gap with desktop, digiday.com
- The Background Data and Battery Usage of Facebook’s iOS App, www.macstories.net
- No Excuse for Ignoring Online Reputation!, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- 5 Twitter Hacks Your Brand Should Use, simplymeasured.com
- 6 Facebook Ad Tips You’ll Want to Remember, smallbiztrends.com
- A Brief History Of Snapchat, techcrunch.com
- Back to the Basics: How to Get More Twitter Followers, www.blogherald.com
- Brands on Instagram Grew Followers, Posted More in Q2, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Is A Juggernaut But How’s Organic Growth And Engagement?, locowise.com
- Facebook or LinkedIn: Which Reigns Supreme for Lead Generation?, www.searchrank.com
- Facebook Poaches Another PayPal Exec: Christina Smedley To Run Messenger Comms, techcrunch.com
- Four Ways Facebook Lead Ads Can Change The Social Advertising Game, blog.bufferapp.com
- Harnessing Pinterest For Leads And Business Growth, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- How Facebook and Google’s Algorithms Are Affecting Our Political Viewpoints, www.huffingtonpost.com
- How to Get More Out of Google+ With Circles, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Is social media a double-edged sword for publishers?, econsultancy.com
- LinkedIn’s Transparency Report: First Half of 2015, blog.linkedin.com
- Notes from the Platform’s Edge, www.theawl.com
- Snapchat Expects Sponsored Selfie Filters To Reach Up To 16 Million Views At Max Of $700,000 per day, www.buzzfeed.com
- The 7 Essential Elements of Effective Social Media Marketing, www.copyblogger.com
- Facebook takes on YouTube, www.internetretailer.com
- Gamers and streamers – a winner is you!, youtube-global.blogspot.com
- Millward Brown Study Reveals What Viewers Like (And Hate) In Digital Video Ads, adexchanger.com
- Reddit’s First Branded Videos Will Feature Google and Lean on Subredditors’ Creative Input, www.adweek.com
- The World’s Highest-Paid YouTube Stars 2015, Forbes
- VidMob Raises $2M To Build A Marketplace Where You Can Find Professional Video Editors, techcrunch.com
- Why Live Streaming is the Water Cooler of the Future, www.adweek.com