Marketing Day: Bitly Adds New Analytics, Video Marketing Tips & An Interview With Cole Haan’s CMO
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Bitly’s Audience Intel Gives Marketers More Data About Consumer Sharing Link-shortening service introduces new analytics feature that gives enterprise customers a picture of how their content is being shared across the […]
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Bitly’s Audience Intel Gives Marketers More Data About Consumer Sharing
Link-shortening service introduces new analytics feature that gives enterprise customers a picture of how their content is being shared across the full Bitly network.
- That Crazy Internet Meme Delta Safety Video Is On Its Way To 2 Million Views
The airline gives a cheeky nod to popular online sensations in a safety video that’s also an ad.
- 7 Tips For Launching A Video Marketing Strategy
Worried about your budget or what stories to tell? Columnist Michael Litt has some tips to get you on the right path to a successful video marketing plan.
- Store Visits And Offline Spending Data Will Drive Massive Mobile Ad Growth
Lack of clear ROI has held many advertisers back from investing more in mobile. That’s all about to change as increasing amounts of data about store visits and offline sales become available.
- A CMO’s View: Cole Haan CMO Says Domain Strategy Should Focus On Engagement & Honesty
As Director of the DotGreen Community, David Maddocks sees domains as channels or “doorways” into a company or brand.
- How I Failed In Digital Advertising: A Traditional Ad Vet’s Story
Columnist Peter Minnium isn’t afraid to own up to his mistakes in digital advertising. Here’s what others can learn from his errors.
- Too Big To Evolve? How To Foster Innovation In The Enterprise
Innovation doesn’t have to belong solely to the small and nimble. Columnist Alex Lirtsman explains what big businesses can do to adapt and evolve.
- Google Ad Chief: “How Many Of Facebook’s Video Views Are Engaged?”
Google’s Sridhar Ramaswamy questions the value of Facebook video given the social network’s three-second standard for a view.
- Most Americans Want More Privacy, Don’t Trust Advertisers, Social Media Or Search
In a wide-ranging and nuanced Pew Research Center survey, most respondents seem resigned to fewer online protections and less privacy.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Search In Pics: Google Carnival, Google Now Mug & The Breaker Lab
- 6 Keys To Getting Local SEO Started On The Right Foot
- Research Reveals The Distinct Ways Users Search
- Google Has New Head Of Web Spam But Won’t Be The “New Matt Cutts”
- Google Search Console Adds Apps Data To Search Analytics & Fetch As Google
- Google To Implement Googlebomb Fix To Prevent Racist Listings In Google Maps
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- What’s Going On At Medium, www.buzzfeed.com
- Case-Study Writing Made Faster, Better, and Less Painful, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Creating Good Content is Not Enough for Content Marketing, www.cornwallseo.com
- Five Types of Content that are Changing the Digital Marketing Game, www.copypress.com
- How Finance Execs Measure the ROI of Content Marketing, contently.com
- How To Engage Your Customers With Effective Content Marketing Strategies, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How To Get Your Content In Shape For The Summer, heidicohen.com
- Why Good Unique Content Needs to Die, moz.com
- “Don’t Create a Call to Action” & Other Smart CTA Tips, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Rekindling Your Passion For Web Design, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Why Every Marketer Needs UX Experience, www.usertesting.com
- .GOP Video Promotes Use, But No Major Presidential Candidate Seems To Own One, www.thedomains.com
- 5 Essential Basics of a Small Business Domain Name Strategy, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Retain Traffic After Domain Change, www.searchenginejournal.com
- UK sells off unused net addresses, www.bbc.com
- A deep dive into B2B web marketplaces, www.internetretailer.com
- Ecommerce Shipping Innovations Just Over Horizon?, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Etsy’s Unique IPO Crafts a Stock Swoon, www.wsj.com
- Top 500 apparel retailers roll out reserve online, pick up in store programs, www.internetretailer.com
- Email Marketing Success: Best Practices of 15 Smart Marketers, newsletterbreeze.com
- Hi & Goodbye: The Two Most Valuable Components of Your Email Program (Part 2), blog.returnpath.com
- How to Add Live Twitter Content to an Email, blog.movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- Veteran Marketing: U.S Military Opportunity Audience, www.networkedinsights.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Spredfast Is Now a Tumblr Preferred Data Partner, www.adweek.com
- Automation is Evil: The View From the Other Side, www.cmswire.com
- Apple Store app updated with two-step authentication, deeper Touch ID integration, appleinsider.com
- As Brands Warm to Mobile, Conversations Turn to Cross-Device, streetfightmag.com
- Google Adding Fingerprint Authentication To Next Version of Android, www.buzzfeed.com
- Growth in Mobile’s Share of Ad Interactions Slows, www.emarketer.com
- How Influential Are Mobile App Star Ratings?, www.marketingprofs.com
- In Canada, Mobile Apps Reign for Mobile Internet Time, www.emarketer.com
- Kellogg campaign pinpoints mobile as most-effective advertising channel for driving sales, www.mobilemarketer.com
- Mobile Thrives, But Desktop Is Still Very Much Alive, adexchanger.com
- The Age of Mobile Moves from Static to Dynamic, www.cmswire.com
- Time to Go Mobile?, smallbiztrends.com
- Tips to Optimize Your Content for Mobile, www.martechadvisor.com
- Managing Your Brand Reputation Online, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- 5 LinkedIn Tactics from B2C Brands That Crush It, simplymeasured.com
- Facebook Like Button Lands German Sites in Hot Water, blogs.wsj.com
- Facebook Messenger Adds Contextual Information on First-Time Senders, www.adweek.com
- How British Gas Keeps 11 Million Customers Warm With Social Media, www.socialbro.com
- Is Twitter Making a Comeback? Some New Treats for Marketers, www.wordstream.com
- Louis Vuitton anticipates Roman exhibit with Snapchat Story, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Mastering Social Media for Big Brands, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Reaching Segmented Audiences Through Facebook and Twitter, www.emarketer.com
- REST API now supports native video upload, www.Twitter.com
- Stand Out: How to Build a Following That Matters, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Using A Twitter Stream to Reinforce Mobile Local Branding on Google, blumenthals.com
- ‘Unboxing’ YouTube Marketers Are Accused of Tricking Kids, www.adweek.com
- Spotify Fires Back at YouTube, Adds Own Video Content, www.reelseo.com
- The secret to video success is not a secret, www.adknowledge.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.