Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Black Friday by the numbers, Tumblr CEO steps down & Facebook’s ad principles
Amy Gesenhues on November 27, 2017 at 4:05 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Black Friday by the numbers: Another year of e-commerce records
Nov 27, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Data from Adobe, Monetate, Rakuten Marketing, Salesforce and Shopify shines a light on Thanksgiving and Black Friday weekend sales activity.
- Tumblr founder David Karp steps down as CEO, COO Jeff D’Onofrio takes over
Nov 27, 2017 by Tim Peterson
The microblogging platform’s business has struggled since selling to Yahoo in 2013.
- Facebook outlines its advertising principles to show it has them
Nov 27, 2017 by Tim Peterson
After being criticized for the ways its ad platform can be misused, Facebook has responded by listing the principles governing its use.
- 4 killer tips to help you spy on your competitors during the holidays (and after)
Nov 27, 2017 by Ryan Phelan
As the holidays kick retailers into overdrive, now is the perfect time to discover what your competition is doing. Columnist Ryan Phelan shares four tips for setting up a competitive intelligence plan.
- A new era: Mobile-location tracking, user consent and government surveillance
Nov 27, 2017 by Greg Sterling
A US Supreme Court case being heard this week will determine if police need a warrant to access mobile user location history.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Bpm’online has a built-in advantage for complying with GDPR
Nov 27, 2017 by Barry Levine
The company’s business process management is so integral to its platform that it is represented by an acronym in its name.
- 5 B2B marketing non-predictions for 2018
Nov 27, 2017 by Peter Isaacson
For a change of pace, contributor Peter Isaacson tells us what not to expect in the coming year in marketing.
- How e-commerce giants are using AI and marketing (Part 2)
Nov 27, 2017 by Daniel Faggella
Columnist Daniel Faggella explores how e-commerce leaders like eBay, Rakuten, Flipkart and ASOS are utilizing AI to power improved product search and automated customer service.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 10 B2B Ecommerce Trends: Characteristics for Growth, Shopify
- 13 New Video Tools in Social Media, Practical Ecommerce
- 5 Steps to Improving Subscriber Data for More Personalized Emails, Content Marketing Institute
- 6 email marketing predictions for 2018, My Emma
- CMOs to Focus on Digital Marketing, Existing Customers in 2018, KoMarketing
- Machine Learning Needs Good Data To Reach Its Potential, AdExchanger
- New Year, New Emails, No More Excuses, Multichannel Merchant
- The 1 Secret to Effective Customer Engagement at Any Scale, Marketo
- Whether B2B or B2C: Emotion Is the Heart of Good Growth Marketing, CMS Wire
- Why, and How to, Create Long-Form Marketing Video, MarketingProfs