Marketing Day: Blockmetry’s GDPR-friendly software, mobile app trends & omnichannel marketing
Amy Gesenhues on February 6, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Twitter loses its AR, VR head Alessandro Sabatelli
Feb 6, 2018 by Tim Peterson
The former Apple designer had joined Twitter less than two years ago.
- Blockmetry launches its GDPR-friendly web traffic software
Feb 6, 2018 by Barry Levine
Developed by a former Google engineer, it can’t be blocked by analytics blockers, and so can show 100% of a site’s traffic.
- Innovid, Xumo offer ‘first addressable ad overlays on Net-based linear TV’
Feb 6, 2018 by Barry Levine
The format opens up new possibilities for non-interrupting, contextual ads on OTT TV.
- Four new search trends in mobile app discovery
Feb 5, 2018 by Brian Solis
Consumers are searching for helpful apps and downloading what best meets their needs. Contributor Brian Solis discusses what you can do to be sure it’s your app they discover and download.
- We’ve got omnichannel all wrong
Feb 5, 2018 by Lewis Gersh
Columnist Lewis Gersh discusses the misconceptions surrounding omnichannel marketing and the direction that marketers need to be heading with it.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Stop making the same mistakes: Preventing a ‘Groundhog Day’ scenario
Feb 6, 2018 by Mike Sands
Are your marketing campaigns tired and predictable? Contributor Mike Sands discusses ways to advance customer relationships to create better marketing and outcomes.
- The new advertising industrial complex is here — for now
Feb 6, 2018 by David Rodnitzky
Could the cataclysmic decline of the retail industry in 2017 have been avoided? Contributor David Rodnitzky thinks so and explains why an aggressive marketing strategy makes the difference.
- [Reminder] The 5 Big Disruptions to Marketing in 2018
Feb 6, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Join us for the 2018 update to Scott Brinker’s highly popular webinar on the disruptions affecting today’s marketers. Building on the 2017 edition, Scott will examine how the martech landscape has evolved over the past 12 months and outline what lies ahead for marketers in the next three to five years.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Apple is sending some developers ad spend and install details for other people’s apps, TechCrunch
- Driving B2B Revenue through Personalization, Practical Ecommerce
- From Surveys to Transformation: Take Your Customer Experience to the Next Level, CMS Wire
- How Long Should You Run Your A/B Test?, MailChimp
- How to Map a Customer Journey in Ecommerce (with Templates), Shopify
- How to Personalize Marketing Communications in 2018, MarketingProfs
- Social Media Trends to Watch in 2018, Vertical Measures
- The Basics of Content Marketing You Need to Know, Content Marketing Institute
- The Complete Guide To Amazon’s Ad Business, AdExchanger
- What Email Subject Line Length Works Best?, Marketo