Marketing Day: Brand Networks To Buy Shift, Google’s Self-Driving Cars & Bing’s Mobile Update
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Report: Calls Have 30 To 50 Percent Conversion Rates, Most Come From Mobile
A call is, generally speaking, a better lead than a click. But how much better is striking: calls have 30 to 50 percent conversion rates while clicks top out at 1 to 2 percent.
- Brand Networks To Buy Social Advertising Platform Shift For $50 Million
Incorporates RelevanceRank to help marketers measure paid and organic social media performance and score content for promotion.
- Watch Out Mountain View, More Google Self-Driving Cars Are Coming To A Street Near You
The vehicles will include safety drivers who can takeover driving if necessary.
- Pulverizing Price Resistance To Improve Conversion Rates
Columnist Tim Ash discusses tips for making your pricing seem more appealing to prospective customers.
- Like Google, Bing Is Planning To Reward Mobile Friendly Sites
Bing is expected to launch their mobile friendly algorithm in the near future but claims this won’t be any Mobilegeddon.
- [Report] European Mobile Carriers Consider Targeting Google By Blocking Mobile Ads
Move would block online and app ads with the aim of getting Google and other digital media companies to share in network infrastructure costs.
- Sad To See You Go: The Impact Of Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation On Subscriber Rates
As Canadian subscriber growth slows, columnist Kevin Gallant explains how email marketers can get up to speed on CASL and increase clicks.
- Zuckerberg To SMBs: Facebook Pages Are Still The Best Way To Reach Consumers
Despite reduced organic reach, he says, Facebook Pages remain the strongest platform for distribution and are increasingly serving as landing zones for mobile users.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Online Reviews, Reputation And How To Become Super Credible
- Survey: Consumers Prefer Mobile Browser To Apps For Local Information
- Search In Pics: Matt Cutts Wearing Panda, Android Chicken Dance & Google Grass Signage
- Google Updates Transparency Reports: Adds Preservation Requests & Expands Emergency Disclosures
- Is It Time For Google To Rank News Content Behind Paywalls Better?
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Brands Find Power In The Little Data, www.brandingstrategyinsider.com
- Real-time app analytics uncover the why behind mobile metrics, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Why Companies Can’t Afford to Go Overboard with Analytics, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How Design Impacts Blog Readership, www.problogger.net
- How to Measure the Success of Your Guest Post or Article, www.marketingprofs.com
- Email Shows How Google Gets Things Done In Washington, www.buzzfeed.com
- Former Formula One Chief Max Mosley Settles Legal Dispute With Google, www.wsj.com
- Create a Remarkable Content Experience, www.toprankblog.com
- How to avoid creating a digital content landfill, econsultancy.com
- How To Give Your Content A Winning Personality, heidicohen.com
- Marketers: We struggle to get internal buy-in for branded content, digiday.com
- 10 conversion blunders and how to avoid them, digiday.com
- Better Site Optimization Lifts Mobile Conversion Rates, www.emarketer.com
- Using Google Tag Manager to Track Social Conversions, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Mayor Of New York Brags On .NYC: 97% Of Registrants Own 10 or Less Domains, www.thedomains.com
- Amazon Relents on Key Merchant Policy So Prime Members Can Get Better Selection, recode.net
- Amazon to Anoint “Choice” Products Sold Through Its Echo Speaker, blogs.wsj.com
- Bigcommerce targets larger retailers with new e-commerce technology, www.internetretailer.com
- Specialty Retailer Intermix Moves From Bricks To Clicks, adexchanger.com
General Internet Marketing
- 65+ Sites To Find (FREE) Amazing Public Domain Images, shaebaxter.com
- How Customer Journey Mapping Helps Strengthen Your Online Channel, vwo.com
- It’s Official: Marketing is Becoming Media, blog.movableink.com
- Summer Food Festivals Lean on Digital Marketing to Boost Expansion, www.adweek.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- GOCO Honored with Four Telly Awards, blog.moodmedia.com
- Sizmek Reports First Quarter 2015 Results, phx.corporate-ir.net
- How Brands Can Get a Jump on ‘Technovation’, adage.com
- How Marriott is using mobile messaging to transform visiting a hotel, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How should marketers address wearable concerns?, econsultancy.com
- Jet-Setting Millennials Turn to Mobile for Research, www.emarketer.com
- #Upfronts2015: Which Pilots Reigned on Twitter?, www.Twitter.com
- 11 Saavy Steps for Promoting Events with Social Media, smallbiztrends.com
- 3 Facebook Post Publishing Features for Crazy-High Engagement, www.wordstream.com
- 4 Ways to Use Pinterest to Attract More Visits to Your Website, www.verticalresponse.com
- 5 Top Tips For Driving a Ton of Free Traffic with Twitter, www.jeffbullas.com
- Can Tech Startups Appease Wall Street While Achieving Their Social Mission?, www.web-strategist.com
- Facebook Marketing Partner Brand Networks Acquires SHIFT for $50 Million, www.adweek.com
- How to Run an Instagram Photo Challenge, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Jumbo Jets: The Surprising Secret of @FourSeasons Twitter Success, simplymeasured.com
- Publishers Willing to Give Facebook Articles, Not Ad Sale, adage.com
- Reddit Moves to Crack Down on Abusive Comments, blogs.wsj.com
- 3 Steps to Create Employee-Engaged Videos, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How-to Post an Pre-recorded, Edited Video to Instagram, www.reelseo.com
- Twitter Considers New Related Videos Feature to Boost Views, adage.com
- Using Video Metrics to Collect Better Data for Lead Generation, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Video In Salesforce? Panopto Can Do That, www.cmswire.com
- Which Industries Create the Most Engaging Content on YouTube?, www.adweek.com
- YouTube Discontinues Collections, googlesystem.blogspot.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.