Marketing Day: Branded content ads on Facebook, Apple’s war on cookies & building social buzz
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
On Facebook, viral reach for branded-content ads eclipses standard ads
Dec 28, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Branded-content ads receive, on average, twice as many earned impressions as paid impressions on Facebook, according to Shareablee.
We’re already seeing the fallout from Apple’s war on cookies
Dec 28, 2017 by Joe Sabol
Is Apple’s Intelligent Tracking Prevention feature a sign that the death of the cookie is imminent? Columnist Joe Sabol believes advertisers shouldn’t wait to find out and should start to adapt to a post-cookie world.
From algo to aggro: How SEOs really feel about Google algorithm updates
Dec 28, 2017 by Jamie Pitman
Algorithm updates got you down? You’re not alone. Columnist Jamie Pitman shares highlights from a BrightLocal survey seeking to understand the ways that algorithm updates impact SEO practitioners’ jobs.
Here’s what you need to know for email marketing success in 2018
Dec 28, 2017 by Scott Heimes
The holiday season isn’t completely over! Columnist Scott Heimes shares four emailing tips to help you improve your results in the inbox for New Year’s Day and beyond.
Building social buzz: Our top 10 social media marketing columns of 2017
Dec 28, 2017 by Desiree Everts DeNunzio
The social media marketing sphere just doesn’t stop shifting, as new platforms arise and others fizzle. Our Marketing Land contributors covered the highlights from Facebook, LinkedIn and more.
Right behind the GDPR, there’s the ePrivacy Regulation
Dec 27, 2017 by Barry Levine
How are companies supposed to comply with both if the ePrivacy Regulation isn’t finished?
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
Showpad gives companies a new way to help their sellers sell
Dec 28, 2017 by Robin Kurzer
The platform says it’s creating “salespeople of the future”
How agencies are adapting to continued pressures on their business model
Dec 28, 2017 by Tim Peterson
To contend with increased financial pressures, agencies are adjusting to new cost structures and angling for new roles.
Three things marketers must do to better serve customers in 2018
Dec 28, 2017 by Matt Zilli
As we head into the new year, now is the time to solidify your goals for customer retention and advocacy. Contributor Matt Zilli discusses three key factors marketers need to be thinking about in 2018.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 30 Steps to Consider when Commissioning a Brand Video, Search Engine People
- Broad Match Modifier: What It Is and How to Use It, Ignite Visibility
- Holiday Retail Sales Grew 4.9% from 2016, Multichannel Merchant
- How to Boost On-Site Conversions with Influencer Content, Convince and Convert
- How to Repurpose Blog Content Into Short-Form Social Media Updates, Social Media Examiner
- Metadata Will Supercharge Video, But It’s Still Early Days, AdExchanger
- Research Identifies 5 New Marketing Trends Your Small Business Should Consider, Small Biz Trends
- Should You Bid on Your Competitor’s Brand Name?, Clix Marketing
- The year in Snapchat advertising, Digiday
- The Zen of Content Marketing: Higher Consciousness, Better Performance, Content Marketing Institute