Marketing Day: Chrome ad blocker, Facebook Stories for Groups, Nike’s Colin Kaepernick ad
Amy Gesenhues on December 5, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google now allows its Chrome browser to remove all ads from ‘abusive’ sites
Dec 5, 2018 by Barry Levine
Announced last month, the capabilities of the now-released Version 71 could become a model for enforcing online ad standards.
- Facebook rolls out Group Stories globally, adds emoji reactions
Dec 5, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Group Admins have a variety of existing controls to monitor both the content and the members contributing to Stories.
- The best way to understand omnichannel is to work backward
Dec 5, 2018 by Lewis Gersh
Why has the idea of omnichannel marketing fallen from favor? Columnist Lewis Gersh says it’s because of inflated expectations, rooted in some fundamental misunderstandings of the underlying technology.
- Here’s why Nike’s Colin Kaepernick gamble wouldn’t work for Under Armour
Dec 5, 2018 by Matt Crush
Brands have customers driven by dramatically different values so it’s critical to have a deep understanding of them before making a bold move.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- How to choose a customer data platform
Dec 5, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
What’s a customer data platform (CDP) and why do you need one?
- How to build a marketing operations organization out of chaos
Dec 5, 2018 by Debbie Qaqish
Financial accountability, digital transformation and the pivot to customer-centricity are all important CMO challenges to overcome to get your strategy back on track.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 11 festive New Year’s Eve email examples to ring in 2019, Emma Email Marketing
- 5 Content Marketing Ideas for January 2019, Practical Ecommerce
- A Walk Behind The Waterfall: The Sudden Interest In The Publisher Ad Stack, AdExchanger
- Before You Pick Your YouTube Campaign Goal, Know Your Bidding Options, Clix Marketing
- Care is the New Marketing: 2019 Twitter and Sprinklr Social Trends Survey, Sprinklr
- Influencer Marketing Case Studies: Top Brands, Campaigns & Influencers, MediaKix
- Influencer Marketing Statistics for Unboxing and Haul Videos, Shorr
- Internal Facebook documents show how the company makes deals for data, The Verge
- What Traits and Skills Do Martech Leaders Need to Succeed?, CMS Wire