Marketing Day: Content marketing, holiday spending, CDPs as integrated data platforms
Amy Gesenhues on November 7, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Breaking through with meaningful content marketing in the age of storytelling
Nov 7, 2018 by Keith Richey
A conversation on the state of story-driven content with analyst and author Brian Solis.
- Step up your multichannel marketing game
Nov 7, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Join our experts from Epsilon as we share four critical steps to improve multichannel marketing execution. From CRMs to CDPs, we’ll explain the differences between technologies, discuss the use cases for each and offer tips for optimization. We’ll provide a must-have checklist that will help you prioritize, centralize, measure and evolve your data.
- Survey: Expect more holiday spending, ‘blended retail’ shopping this year
Nov 7, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Consumers on average will spend roughly $700 on holiday gifts this year.
- CDPs are only scratching the surface of their potential
Nov 7, 2018 by Michael Katz
Instead of solving core challenges, the majority of companies are focused on the application of data rather than serving as an integrated data platform.
- The Media Trust works with UK publishers and vendors to classify cookies
Nov 6, 2018 by Barry Levine
The effort is the latest to get a handle on the countless cookies that a typical publisher’s site deposits onto visitors’ browsers.
- Oracle Data Cloud combines Grapeshot and Moat acquisitions for a pre-bid ad filter
Nov 6, 2018 by Barry Levine
Called Pre-Bid by Moat, it scans for brand safety, viewability and invalid traffic before a web ad is bid on programmatic platforms.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Another survey shows brand trust affects purchase decisions
Nov 7, 2018 by Barry Levine
The online survey is yet another indicator that consumer trust of brands affects the bottom line.
- Don’t forget to take the Digital Work Crisis survey!
Nov 7, 2018 by MarTech Today
Are you overwhelmed with technologies and automated processes that were designed to make your digital work life *easier* – but don’t? Do you dream of the day when you don’t have to do a manual data upload – because the software has *finally* been properly integrated? You’re not alone.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Simple Ways to Boost Conversions, Practical Ecommerce
- Forrester: Creative Advertising Technology Evolves Toward Personalization, AdExchanger
- How Gen Z is Changing the Way We Shop, Multichannel Merchant
- How to help today’s impatient customers on every step of the purchase journey, Think with Google
- Pinterest Ads now available in France, Pinterest Business
- Report: Increasing Viewability on Desktops for Display and Video, KoMarketing
- Study: Mobile video starts surpass 50% in Q2 for first time, Mobile Marketer
- The top 7 dos and don’ts of targeted email advertising, My Emma
- Where Marketers Are Spending Their Digital Dollars in 2019, PPC Hero
- Why Marketers Should Consider Brand Activations at Festivals in 2019, Marketo