Marketing Day: Cross-channel experiences, Pew social media study & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Survata offers first online surveys targeted at second- and third-party user segments
May 27, 2016 by Barry Levine
The questionnaires, which can include a pretesting of ads, are delivered to the same segments the ads will later target.
- How to deliver a true cross-channel experience
May 27, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Regardless of channel, consumers and prospects have more refined appetites for marketing and higher expectations. They expect and desire more than a generic product experience — they want to feel an affinity for their investment and attraction to a brand.
- The future of voice-related SEO for local business
May 27, 2016 by Chris Marentis
Google’s recent developer event revealed details about how the search giant is thinking about the future. Columnist Chris Marentis shares tips on how local businesses can learn how to be found in the environment that’s taking shape.
- The 5 strangest search terms in 2,000+ AdWords accounts
May 27, 2016 by Jacob Baadsgaard
Contributor Jacob Baadsgaard shares cautionary tales of AdWords bidding gone terribly, terribly wrong.
- Well played, Google: Advertisers (finally) get more device bidding controls
May 27, 2016 by Andy Taylor
The most widely disparaged aspect of Advanced Campaigns is eliminated at last. Contributor Andy Taylor extols the change, explains what it means for marketers and makes a couple of suggestions for further improvement.
- Android users open 2x more notifications, but iOS users much faster to open — [Report]
May 27, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Leanplum attributes these findings largely to the different ways the platforms treat and present push notifications.
- New Twitter features can boost brand engagement
May 27, 2016 by Maggie Malek
On the heels of Twitter’s announcement that it’s easing up on its character limit, columnist Maggie Malek has some advice for brands on how to plan for the social network’s new features.
- What marketers need to know about the rate of technology obsolescence
May 27, 2016 by Lewis Gersh
With marketing innovation happening at a meteoric pace, how do you keep up? Columnist Lewis Gersh has some tips on how to spot the latest trends and stay ahead of the curve.
- Pew Research: 62 percent of US adults get news from social media
May 27, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
More than half of US adults are consuming news via social media, but there are missed opportunities and surprising statistics that show some interesting data across the various networks.
- Stop fearing failure and be brave in your content marketing program
May 27, 2016 by Rachel Lindteigen
Failure isn’t always a bad thing. Columnist Rachel Lindteigen says that by looking at what didn’t work, you can learn more about your customers and gain a better perspective for future content.
- Facebook expands Audience Network reach beyond just its users — to everyone
May 27, 2016 by Greg Sterling
All people on Audience Network mobile sites and apps can now be targeted using familiar Facebook parameters.
- Google wins its Java case against Oracle (again), saves billions in fees — for now
May 26, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The jury agreed that Google’s use of Java APIs was “Fair Use” under copyright law.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google App for iOS gets AMP content & sports highlights in Now cards
- What content strategists need to know about SEO
- Brand queries: the AdWords performance illusion
- Share conversions and remarketing lists across paid search accounts
- Search in Pics: Google Dance Tokyo, gBrau beer & a pink penguin engineer
- Google now displays image thumbnails next to search snippets for food-related queries
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Feed Predictive Analytics a United Data Diet, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Ways to Use Your Smartphone to Build a Better Blog, www.blogherald.com
- 50 Essential WordPress Plugins Every Blogger Should Know, www.wpexplorer.com
- How To Get Your Blog In Shape For Summer, heidicohen.com
- Google Photos: One year, 200 million users, and a whole lot of selfies, Official Google Blog
- This is what the future of online publishing looks like, according to a Pirate Bay founder and Adblock Plus, qz.com
- 7 Content Marketing Tools You Need To Be Successful, www.jeffbullas.com
- Ask a Content Guy: What Content Metrics Really Matter?, contently.com
- Do People Read Long Articles on Their Smartphones?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Facebook Users Prefer to Share Funny, Inspiring Content, www.adweek.com
- How to Tell Your Brandâï¿½ï¿½s Story From the Inside Out, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Marketer’s Guide to Helpful Content Optimization Tools, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- The Power of Visual Storytelling, www.martechadvisor.com
- The radical NoMQL movement in content marketing, chiefmartec.com
- How to Research the Path to Customer Purchase, moz.com
- Landing Page Optimization Case Studies to Read Now, www.searchenginejournal.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Basics to Make a Website Accessible, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Easy Guide to Creating an Awesome “About Us” Page, www.wordstream.com
- Affluent Chinese web shoppers love foreign brands, www.internetretailer.com
- Amazon puts Alexa in the browser with Echoism.io, techcrunch.com
- How Do Consumers Feel About the Sharing Economy?, www.emarketer.com
- How Maurices Increased ROI by the Strategic Use of Omni-channel Marketing, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
General Internet Marketing
- Monetization Options That Digital Marketers Need to Know About, www.marketingprofs.com
- Who Doesn’t Believe Offline and Online Marketing Are Merging?, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Why Brands Shouldn’t Be Afraid to Get Emotional, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Why Improv Comedy Is the Next Big Marketing Trend, contently.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Actûrus Launches Brandvantage, a Breakthrough in Brand Equity, www.prweb.com
- Vision Critical delivers Stories, making customer intelligence more valuable by placing it in context, www.visioncritical.com
- LiveRamp Extends Data Connectivity Partnership with Google, www.businesswire.com
- Tapjoy and IronSource to offer monetization services to mobile game and app devs, venturebeat.com
- A Look At The Modern WordPress Server Stack, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Love Marketing Technology. Buying It? Not So Much, www.cmswire.com
- Motion AI lets anyone easily build a bot, venturebeat.com
- TAG Sets Inventory Quality Guidelines, Trains 20+ Ad-Tech Cos. To Comply, www.mediapost.com
- These 2 Tech Companies Are Combining Market Research With Programmatic Ads, www.adweek.com
- How a Simple Story Can Help You Win Your Prospect’s Trust, www.marketingprofs.com
- Facebook Beacons. What the *$!@? 8 Resources for Proximity-Based Marketing, www.aimclearblog.com
- How Pets Create Winning Content for Brands on Instagram, www.newswhip.com
- How to Drive B2B Pipeline with Social Ads, blog.adstage.io
- Instagram Algorithm: How Marketers Should Alter Their Strategy, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Instant Articles: More Friend Than Foe For Publishers, adexchanger.com
- Less Engagement For Links On Facebook, www.newswhip.com
- Twitter tunes into Spotify to soundtrack its audio cards, techcrunch.com
- What Twitter Trolls Can Teach You About Your Brand, simplymeasured.com
- What’s New on Facebook for Business this Month, www.facebook.com
- Which Agency Should Manage a Brand’s Social Media Programs?, adage.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.