Marketing Day: The customer experience, top 2016 local search insights & Amazon Go
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Three steps to customer experience excellence
Dec 6, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Customer experience is the modern competitive battlefield. Eighty-nine percent of marketers today compete primarily on the basis of customer experience. Despite being a cross-functional initiative, marketing leaders are on the hook and on the front lines to deliver results in support of the customer experience mandate.
- As a local business, you have to own your own back yard
Dec 6, 2016 by Greg Gifford
The grass may seem greener in neighboring markets, but columnist Greg Gifford explains that in order to compete there via local SEO, you need to have your own yard in order first.
- Top 10 local search insights of 2016
Dec 6, 2016 by Wesley Young
Columnist Wesley Young of the Local Search Association looks back at 2016 to find the top 10 insights that local search marketers should remember in planning for the year ahead.
- 8 companies doing social media right and what marketers can learn from them
Dec 6, 2016 by Jordan Kasteler
Are you reaching your audience on social media the right way? Columnist Jordan Kasteler takes a look at 8 brands you can take a page from.
- Amazon launches its Amazon Go grocery, where you just take things from the shelves and walk out
Dec 6, 2016 by Barry Levine
Its new physical store uses a mobile app, computer vision, and other technologies to track every product and then charge your Amazon account.
- Lotame launches what it calls ‘first TV data management platform’
Dec 6, 2016 by Barry Levine
Following up on its Smart TV Audiences last March, the company can now direct advertisers toward TV programs watched by segments of online users.
- Nominations wanted for our Naughty & Nice list
Dec 6, 2016 by Barry Levine
Again this year, we’ll point our virtual spotlight at those who deserve a candy cane — or a lump of coal — because of what they’ve done in marketing, advertising or search.
- User intent: Why organic content trumps social media
Dec 6, 2016 by Drew Eastmead
Don’t look for shortcuts. Columnist Drew Eastmead explains why you shouldn’t rely too much on social media to drive website traffic to your business.
- Prices increase next week. Save big at SMX West now.
Dec 5, 2016 by Marketing Land
Super early bird rates expire next week for SMX West, the world’s premier search marketing conference. Register for three days of cutting-edge tactics that will leave your competition in the dust, presented by search marketing experts.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Manage and Measure: Our Helpful Tool Guide, www.webanalyticsworld.net
- Moving Beyond The Same Old Metrics For Mobile Video, adexchanger.com
- AOL’s Tim Armstrong ‘cautiously optimistic’ of Yahoo-Verizon deal, MarketWatch
- GoDaddy to Buy Host Europe Group, www.wsj.com
- Microsoft-LinkedIn deal cleared by regulators, opening new doors for people around the world, blogs.microsoft.com
- Partnering to Help Curb Spread of Online Terrorist Content, newsroom.fb.com
- Supreme Court rules for Samsung in smartphone fight with Apple, Reuters
- We’re set to reach 100% renewable energy — and it’s just the beginning, blog.google
- 10 Ways You Can Use Visual Content To Skyrocket Your Website Traffic, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 2017 Content Marketing Trends, www.goinflow.com
- 6 Tips for Creating Engaging Content, www.copypress.com
- Ask a Content Guy: How Do I Scale My Content Marketing Program?, contently.com
- Repurpose Does Not Mean Regurgitate in Content Marketing, www.swordandthescript.com
- A Cheat Sheet to Designing a Pricing Page that Converts, blog.kissmetrics.com
- The Conversion Copywriting Guide, blog.crazyegg.com
- Why Traffic Shaping is So Dang Fantastic for Conversion Rates, unbounce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 6 Principles Of Visual Accessibility Design, usabilitygeek.com
- 3 tips for pleasing the demanding Gen Z online shopper, www.internetretailer.com
- 6.5% of US consumers shopped during Thanksgiving dinner, www.internetretailer.com
- 8 in 10 U.S. Internet Users Now Buy Online, smallbiztrends.com
- Omnichannel Personalization: Striving to Increase Average Basket Size, streetfightmag.com
- Strategic Planning for B2B Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- A New MailChimp Record: 1.5 Billion Emails on Black Friday, blog.mailchimp.com
- Adding Art to Words: Emojis can brighten up your emails, www.verticalresponse.com
- Email campaigns can work, but can also wear customers out, www.internetretailer.com
- Email Marketing 101: 5 Email Marketing Tips for SaaS Businesses, movableink.com
- Six examples of Christmas email marketing from fashion retailers, econsultancy.com
General Internet Marketing
- The Future CMO: Chief Innovator, Chief Transformation Officer & More, www.cmswire.com
- Top 10 Digital Branding & Marketing Trends for 2017, www.thedomains.com
- Update Your Marketing Materials to Start the New Year Right, smallbiztrends.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Near Integrates Global Consumer Data Into Oracle’s BlueKai Marketplace, www.mediapost.com
- Periscope By McKinsey Bolsters Revenue Growth for Businesses with New Marketing, Sales, Customer Experience and Insight Solutions, www.realwire.com
- SimilarWeb Brings its Market Intelligence Solution to Agencies, www.similarweb.com
- As Media And MarTech Merge, TV Ads Get Smarter, adexchanger.com
- Marketers Juggle an Average of 5 Technologies, and Nearly 4 Vendors to Buy Digital Media, According to SteelHouse-Commissioned Study, steelhouse.com
- 3 ways an app can drive in-store traffic, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- AMP Cache Updates, amphtml.wordpress.com
- Reach the unreachable with browser push notifications and emails, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The missing link for turning app-only promotions into revenue, www.internetretailer.com
- What are progressive web apps (PWAs)?, econsultancy.com
- Why the Mobile Accessibility of Your Store Is More Important Than Ever, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Even More Ways to Watch Your Favorite Movies & TV Shows on Google Play, blog.google
- Google Contributor program stops accepting new subscribers, www.slightfuture.com
- Hassle-free Wi-Fi with Network Assist, blog.google
- 5 Benefits of Working With Social Media Influencers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 6 ways to holiday a little easier with Pinterest, blog.pinterest.com
- Break the Ice with Conversation Starters in LinkedIn Messaging, blog.linkedin.com
- Facebook begins asking users to rate articles’ use of ‘misleading language’, TechCrunch
- Facebook needs to hand over its algorithm if it reallys wants to end fake news, qz.com
- Facebook Workplace announces enterprise collaboration app platform, techcrunch.com
- How B2B Companies Are Using LinkedIn Marketing Campaigns, www.komarketingassociates.com
- How to Include All Employees in Your Social Media Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Instagram will soon let you turn off comments and boot followers from private accounts, www.theverge.com
- It Starts with People: Lessons from Social Media Personalities for Brands, simplymeasured.com
- Keeping Instagram Safe: More Tools and Control, blog.instagram.com
- Social Media Demographic Strategy Tips for 2017, www.ppchero.com
- The State of Social Media in 2016: Platform and Usage Trends, www.marketingprofs.com
- ‘It’s on every media plan’: Media buyers hail Facebook’s dedicated video tab, digiday.com
- 3 Things to Consider Before You Make Your Next Marketing Video, www.cmswire.com
- 4 Reasons Why Vine Couldn’t Keep Up, www.adweek.com
- 9 Clever Ways to Create Live Video on Social Media, www.toprankblog.com
- A billion reasons to celebrate music on YouTube, youtube.googleblog.com
- Google Offers An Update On YouTube’s Trending Algorithm, Search Engine Roundtable
- Periscope Users Can Now Save HD Versions of Their Broadcasts, www.adweek.com
- Real vs Fake News: Which One Is Winning in the World of Online Video?, tubularinsights.com
- Video publishers seek to extend Facebook content beyond Facebook, digiday.com
- What marketers can learn from Facebook Live’s top brand videos, digiday.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.